kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

4 minutes ago, leoh said:

The day before its international release, tomorrow.

Social embargo 👉🏻 July 22 at 7pm PT
• Review embargo (eg RT) 👉🏻July 23 at 3pm PT

Sorry guys I told you 7pm EST.

Looks like it's Pacific Time (which sucks, longer wait)

15 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Guardians 3 will be better for sure

i can Bet everything 

btw

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9urJ8ExoDp/?igsh=Ym9ydGVqdGxlZnNo

incredible marketing

It's marketing stunts like this, the Wolverine popcorn bucket, and having both Reynolds and Jackman literally touring around the world to promote the film that make me think $200M on opening weekend and $1B worldwide have to happen.

I know the MCU isn't in the best of shape right now, but at this point the film's connection to the MCU is barely gonna have any impact on how it does. Though I genuinely feel bad for that select few people out there who are gonna let that connection stop them from going to watch it. It would be the equivalent of not wanting to see the first Deadpool movie because it's connected to the same universe that gave us X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Origins Wolverine. 

Edited by Ryan C
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I know the MCU isn't in the best of shape right now, but at this point the film's connection to the MCU is barely gonna have any impact on how it does. Though I genuinely feel bad for that select few people out there who are gonna let that connection stop them from going to watch it.

I suspect no one really feels this way. Anyone who actually has no interest in watching this probably doesn't care about the MCU either way. 

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I suspect no one really feels this way. Anyone who actually has no interest in watching this probably doesn't care about the MCU either way. 

Fair, but I'm sure there are some of those people out there. Though I can absolutely tell you that I've seen some who say that because Deadpool and Wolverine is technically released by Disney, they won't watch it because they don't wanna support them. 

I'm sure that'll have like .01% of an affect on the box office run, but it's just funny to see some of the pathetic reasons why people don't want to see D&W. I get being burntout on superhero movies and maybe not finding Deadpool's schtick that funny, but not the whole "I don't wanna support Disney" thing. 

• Like 1

Also, I do wanna bring this up because I think it makes for an interesting conversation. 

I was listening to a podcast back in Feburary when the first trailer for Deadpool and Wolverine came out and one of the guys who was hosting was talking about how this movie would be the final nail in the coffin for the comic book movie genre. Not really because they thought it was gonna flop (though they seriously underestimated how much of a draw that Hugh Jackman is as Wolverine), but because with Deadpool's whole schtick of breaking the fourth wall and that he would be making fun of the current state of superhero movies. 

He basically said that because Deadpool throughout the movie is gonna be making fun of supehero movies/pointing out a lot of what is wrong with them today and audiences were most likely gonna to agree with what's being said, that they will no longer turn out to any future comic-book movies unless they star Batman, the Joker, or Spider-Man. It's pretty much the equivalent of saying "Deadpool says that the state of comic book movies is bad but because it's actually bad in real time (compared to how it was in the 2010s), I'm not gonna see anymore of these movies." 

Personally, I don't agree with that take because there's no way audiences are just gonna abandon an entire subgenre solely from one movie that will make fun of the recent state of superhero movies (which I also feel like is what audiences need after what happened last year), but I would like to see some other thoughts about this take. Whether it's people who are comic-book movie fans or just people who are fans of movies in general, I'd be very interested in seeing what other people have to say about this.

6 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Also, I do wanna bring this up because I think it makes for an interesting conversation. 

I was listening to a podcast back in Feburary when the first trailer for Deadpool and Wolverine came out and one of the guys who was hosting was talking about how this movie would be the final nail in the coffin for the comic book movie genre. Not really because they thought it was gonna flop (though they seriously underestimated how much of a draw that Hugh Jackman is as Wolverine), but because with Deadpool's whole schtick of breaking the fourth wall and that he would be making fun of the current state of superhero movies. 

He basically said that because Deadpool throughout the movie is gonna be making fun of supehero movies/pointing out a lot of what is wrong with them today and audiences were most likely gonna to agree with what's being said, that they will no longer turn out to any future comic-book movies unless they star Batman, the Joker, or Spider-Man. It's pretty much the equivalent of saying "Deadpool says that the state of comic book movies is bad but because it's actually bad in real time (compared to how it was in the 2010s), I'm not gonna see anymore of these movies." 

Personally, I don't agree with that take because there's no way audiences are just gonna abandon an entire subgenre solely from one movie that will make fun of the recent state of superhero movies (which I also feel like is what audiences need after what happened last year), but I would like to see some other thoughts about this take. Whether it's people who are comic-book movie fans or just people who are fans of movies in general, I'd be very interested in seeing what other people have to say about this.

I disagree also.

Deadpool comics have co-existed with more serious storylines for decades. I don't think movies will be any different. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I think we're going to be surprised by how good reviews are.

Did it screen in full anywhere? There are plenty of enthusiastic reviews on Letterboxd, but i don't know if they are real

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Did it screen in full anywhere? There are plenty of enthusiastic reviews on Letterboxd, but i don't know if they are real

Those might just be for the 40 minute preview showings. Full screenings are not until a few hours

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Those might just be for the 40 minute preview showings. Full screenings are not until a few hours

Some of them say they work at the cinema and got to see it. Who knows