kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Lots of nerd/blog type reactions so far . Grace is grace . Said  great stuff about first 4 eps of acolyte and that was mid and by the end wasn't a fan of the show.

Erik Davis. We know.

Still think DP3 will be good but how good will see . Wait 4 reviews. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

There'll always be some haters out there. RD critiquing Deadpool is like taking Gregory Alan Isakov to a Black Sabbath concert and asking if he liked the music. Stick to your lane Robbo

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

This guy also hated the first two Deadpool movies fwiw. 

Idk why suddenly this thread instantly turned on this movie all of a sudden

The vibe in here is still mostly positive and the reaction in question is just one negative reaction.

• Like 1

Just now, YM! said:

The vibe in here is still mostly positive and the reaction in question is just one negative reaction.

Yeah, but I know how quickly these things turn. If it's below 85 percent tomorrow people will start saying it's the end of the franchise or some shit

Thinking somewhere from The Adam Project (68%) to Free Guy (80%) in terms of RT score. The Funko critics really digging it suggest that audience WOM should be very healthy and tbh could see an A+ CS like NWH if the notes seem to be hitting, but we haven’t seen much of the more critical critics but the vibes suggest that It feels like something that’d annoy the non-Marvel friendly or those tired of Deadpool more than other MCU joints. I’ll be seeing this with my family on Friday so my thoughts then but am starting to get more excited in it than I was a few months ago.

Anything over 70% would be fantastic for something like this, honestly lol. I’m gonna be piss drunk before I see this either way, but I just hope it’s as dumb (and fun) as I’m hoping for. Worst case scenario would be tedious & boring; which most of the recent mcu crop feels like

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah, but I know how quickly these things turn. If it's below 85 percent tomorrow people will start saying it's the end of the franchise or some shit

This could get literal Mario reception at like 57-ish and it’d still be fine on pace for being a major hit. Reactions seem to show it would be something fans and the GA would really enjoy and tbh like Mario so long as it plays the right notes, that’s all it needs to do for an A/A+ CS and decent legs. There’s no glaring red flags like say Quantumania or The Marvels or Strange 2’s reactions. Audience reception for blockbusters even the MCU is far more important than critical reception.

Deadpool is not the be all or end all of the MCU, but it’s looking to be a step in the right direction and keeping up momentum. It’s up to Cap 4, Thunderbolts and TF4 to pick up the slack to restore goodwill for the rest of the saga.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 3

Just now, YM! said:

Deadpool is not the be all or end all of the MCU, but it’s looking to be a step in the right direction and keeping up momentum. It’s up to Cap 4, Thunderbolts and TF4 to pick up the slack to restore goodwill for the rest of the saga.

People were declaring "the end of Marvel" on here in 2022 with Black Panther 2. And expectations are somehow even higher for this one than that was

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

People were declaring "the end of Marvel" on here in 2022 with Black Panther 2. And expectations are somehow even higher for this one than that was

I mean, for better or worse I get why D&W has high expectations as this is a character from Fox going to MCU. Very much felt like if that was fumbled then yeah there’d be actual dips greater than last year, like an Avengers or Spiderman being mediocre. 

That said, I don’t think the MCU is dead. Don't think it’s as strong as it was in Phase 3 and there is proof that GA have been underwhelmed this saga but if Marvel was dead, Deadpool wouldn’t have as much hype as it does now. Think they’re back to their 2008-15 days in that whilst the big events are big, everything else will thrive more or less on their own accord. Like back in their Phase 1-2 days. I’ve said before it matters much more to the MCU and Feige that their next batch of films are well received vs just one thriving.

• Like 2

Just to put out there, Spider-Man: No Way Home got a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Going by these early reactions (which are very much like Spider-Man: No Way Home), I'd be shocked if it was anything below at least 80%. I 

I'm sure there will be some negative reactions, but it's looking really positive so far and if it looks to hit it right out of the park with the Marvel/comic-book fans, it should do very well with general audiences. 

Just now, Ryan C said:

Just to put out there, Spider-Man: No Way Home got a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Going by these early reactions (which are very much like Spider-Man: No Way Home), I'd be shocked if it was anything below at least 80%. I 

I'm sure there will be some negative reactions, but it's looking really positive so far and if it looks to hit it right out of the park with the Marvel/comic-book fans, it should do very well with general audiences. 

In fairness, think if NWH were 23/24 film, think reviews would be similar to Wakanda/Guardians 3 on RT.