kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean he had Les Mis and Greatest Showman which werent X Men related at all.

Yeah, but before Logan. His post-Logan career wasn't great and I think he realized that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

That's over simplification, People like to see characters and actors that they like, and it's not just marvel fans.

Also why wouldn't they, they like the actor playing the character, and they want more, why is wanting more of the thing you like is bad.

I'm pretty sure he means more is that all people want? To see the actors doing cosplay with nothing else going for it? Because that's pretty sad. 

Just now, TomThomas said:

Yeah, but before Logan. His post-Logan career wasn't great and I think he realized that.

People will love Hugh in this. If this movie is bad then all the blame will be placed on Shawn Levy who will also be made the scapegoat by Feige.

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

GOTG3 absolutely did not have this level of backlash from some of the critics out there.

The comparisons I've seen to Super Mario Brothers seems on point.  And a plausible path for folks who want to see this do very well at the box office, I might add.

But let's call a spade a spade, these are borderline rotten RT reactions with more mainstream press dragging down the RT score.

Problem with the Mario comparison...Adults are pickier than kids/families.

1 hour ago, Eric Twister said:

Eugh. Don't remind me. The way Marvel nerds describe it, the whole thing sounds like the most pandering fan service nonsense ever. Are Marvel fans really content with a movie that is nothing but "look, it's that actor you like being that character in that movie you saw as a kid?" Do they not feel manipulated? Do they like being manipulated?

Isn't filmmaking a form of manipulation?

Movies MAKE you cheer, laugh, cry, etc.

Speaking of cheer, laugh and cry, fanboys said they felt all those emotions during Deadpool 3. That sounds like it's worth 12 bucks to me. What more does a fanboy want? 

Edited by grey ghost

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Problem with the Mario comparison...Adults are pickier than kids/families.

Wasn’t most of Mario’s OW audience was adults? 

Tbh nostalgia sells are an easy layup so long as don’t do anything that fundamentally changes or challenges the nostalgic figures ideals.

Edited by YM!
  • Like 1

If it's rotten on RT, it's gonna be BvS/Suicide Squad moment for MCU. I kinda hope it is just to see the shitshow, but I don't root against this movie, it will make its billion most likely, but not much more. I wonder what's Disney's minimum success threshold for this considering how much money they spent marketing this and how high franchise stakes are.

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

So just like No Way Home? Should do great then.

NWH benefitted from being more or less the first one to do what movies like this and The Flash have tried to do, at least in terms of being the first one to be released. Many people who initially loved NWH have expressed the opinion that it doesn’t really hold up all that well upon reevaluation. 

• Like 1

At worst i think it will be third highest grossing R rated movie which would be fine 850m-900m is kinda good  but if it has legs it might beat Oppenheimer 

59 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

, but as someone who really liked Deadpool II and considered it one of the better superhero movies of the decade, I 

Stopped here

its fun enough

thanks cause you made me laugh always

It sounds like this is, at best, Secret Life of Superheroes 2 (or Migration or Despicable Me 4) - an either 5 minute or non-existent plot so you can just do comedy vignettes which either hit or don't...

For animated, kids and parents don't mind that - short movies, short attention spans, parents are just happy if they can laugh a little.

For an R-rated MCU movie with acres of story and continuity already invested, this might not go down as well.  Especially if the humor doesn't hit.

• Like 1

Seems like many posters want this to movie to fall of a cliff and die while it had good early reviews. I read about 150 RT certified critics early reviews and the ratio was like 80 to 90% and I don´t feel there reviews will change once they release full review. 

Aside from that the movie is tracking towards 450m to 500m WW opening. This thing is to big to hate ride

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

NWH benefitted from being more or less the first one to do what movies like this and The Flash have tried to do, at least in terms of being the first one to be released. Many people who initially loved NWH have expressed the opinion that it doesn’t really hold up all that well upon reevaluation. 

Yeah, novelty factor definitely helped it.

51 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I also found a big part of the promotional material with weird homophobic undertones, using the “relationship” as punchline in a very questionable way like the Beauty and the Beast esque-poster among many others small promo pieces. This feels more a marketing issue than a problem with the movie itself so i avoid saying it, but it’s weird. 

kind of wild that the Joker sequel has significantly more women & gay men excited for it hahaha

• Like 4

This thread is kind of hilarious and stupid lmao. I do think people are exaggerating just how negative the social media reactions are. Personally, thinking the movie will get like a mid to high 60s RT score. But based on the super happy reactions from the funko pop critics I think audiences are going to love this and that were not going to get a MoM situation. Important to note that even some of the best modern MCU projects (GotG Vol 3 and Loki S2) have gotten low 80s RT scores. So I think critics are a little tired of the MCU and this movie has a ton of stuff that they seem to hate -- multiverse, cameos, fan service, deadpool humour, etc. 

I will be surpised, however, if this doesn't get an A cinemascore.

• Like 1