kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Movie making ain't math or a science but it has a specific set of competencies and structures that govern it and help bring a movie together. 

Nouvelle Vague would have a thing or two to say about this 

32 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Batman & Robin is one of the most hated movies of all time and i know a bunch of gay people that liked it quite a bit because it’s such a camp and irreverent movie. 

What if Deadpool & Wolverine is just Batman & Robin for straight people? Replace rampant homoeroticism and a poison ivy who looks like a contestant on Drag Race with family guy cutaways and a Wolverine built like an influencer on their latest HGH cycle

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

11 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's not going to miss 200M OW because of a 77% RT score

I mean I’m more 57-65% on RT but tbh we have to see how today and tomorrow goes. I’ve said before I have had vibes of this being like that movie with Italian Plumber and for the fans/GA it won’t really matter unless they totally fuck up fundamentals. This is arguably the least demanding MCU movie for the GA.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

RT score starts rolling out in 30min or so, but enough Film Twitter critics have chimed in to make me think this is likely mid 60s RT when all is said and done, maybe low 70s if this truly hits the right spots with the more casual critics.  

But even some of the more mainstream critics out there who were primed to like this (or at least want to) came away wanting:

As I scan the vibes of the critical commentary, the overarching thread is Way Too Overstuffed.

Now it absolutely has to be said, there are folks out there who want a two hour plus sugar rush*.

* and, yes, I'm exaggerating for effect here

But I think on the whole there was a threshold for the antics of Ryan Reynolds for some critics and this movie sailed waaaaaay past it.

OBLIGATORY COMMENT/HEDGE:  There's gonna be plenty of people who want/love/will dig that sort of stuff.  But for those that don't???

Weeelllll.....

Reveal hidden contents

I always thinked 75-85 for this one

less than 70 really shocking me cause now people care about this Score

Deadpool 3 under Twisters reception would be shocking to me, bc I generally thought Twisters trailers were crappy. Twisters is my favorite movie to release this summer, but I am biased bc I’m born and raised in Oklahoma.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

What if Deadpool & Wolverine is just Batman & Robin for straight people? Replace rampant homoeroticism and a poison ivy who looks like a contestant on Drag Race with family guy cutaways and a Wolverine built like an influencer on their latest HGH cycle

Unironically i would watch that hahah

But drag queen Poison Ivy is very hard to beat

• Heart 1

Just now, Maggie said:

Two fresh reviews already. I'm sure the trend will continue. You guys panicked for nothing

All this panic and hyperbole only for it to get really good reviews would be so fucking funny.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Sure Art is subjective and every movie has some one who loves it . Just because someone likes it  doesn't disqualify certain criticisms from a movie making perspective.

Yes, but that's all it is: Criticism. However much you attempt to justify your dislike of a movie "objectively" the reality is your individual opinion holds no more authority than someone who loves Cats or Food Fight.

Now if course if the public opinion consensus leans decidedly one way or the other that usually does have a material impact on the finances and careers of the creatives involved. But still, even among the snobby elite critics the definition of "what makes a good film" is very flexible and can change as time goes on. Movies that were critically drubbed at the time of release go on to be perceived as classics and inducted into the Film Registry, while others that have become box office hits and won best picture have ended up losing relevance and fading into obscurity over time.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Two fresh reviews already. I'm sure the trend will continue. You guys panicked for nothing

Eternals and Quantumania started in 70s.

L&T started in mid 80s.

Also avg score is key 

Expect normie critics to eat this up .should start with a good score out of the gate .

• Like 1