kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

On 7/23/2024 at 2:08 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

Imagine all this meltdown when reviews drop, they are bad and still Pre Sales continue to move for next 2 days without hiccup.

Movie opens 200+ and gets a solid Score from audience because it is crowd pleasing and we then look back at this thread with some embarrassment and some laughter.

Huh

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Reviews weren’t “bad” though. 

They are not like Quantumania/Morbius/Mad Web of course, but critics reviews for D&W are just mid on par with MoM (overall critics score is 78% on Rotten Tomatoes and top critics 63%. Metacritic is a bit worse, only 48% positive reviews and 56 matascore.

audience reception, however, is way better those Marvel flops, A on Cinema Score and 97% from audience on RT, PostTrack 5 stars. This is why I couldn’t care less what “top critics” say. 

14 minutes ago, leoh said:

They are not like Quantumania/Morbius/Mad Web of course, but critics reviews for D&W are just mid on par with MoM (overall critics score is 78% on Rotten Tomatoes and top critics 63%. Metacritic is a bit worse, only 48% positive reviews and 56 matascore.

audience reception, however, is way better those Marvel flops, A on Cinema Score and 97% from audience on RT, PostTrack 5 stars. This is why I couldn’t care less what “top critics” say. 

Deadpool and Wolverine is hovering around an 80% critics score, currently at 79%, with a 97% audiences score. The Batman has a 85% critics score with a 87% audiences score. You are going out of your way to try prove that this film wasn’t received well and calling them mid.

It’s not true. Regardless how much paragraphs you write it.

7 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Deadpool dance/Bye Bye Bye is going viral on tiktok and Twitter (#1 globally on iTunes daily chart) That should help with exposure to the GA

I’m really glad that N’Sync and Madonna came back to write original songs exclusively to Deadpool and Wolverine. Bye Bye Bye and Like A Prayer are true certified bangers.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m really glad that N’Sync and Madonna came back to write original songs exclusively to Deadpool and Wolverine. Bye Bye Bye and Like A Prayer are true certified bangers. 

Who is going to tell him?

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Deadpool and Wolverine is hovering around an 80% critics score, currently at 79%, with a 97% audiences score. The Batman has a 85% critics score with a 87% audiences score. You are going out of your way to try prove that this film wasn’t received well and calling them mid. It’s not true. Regardless how much paragraphs you write it.

this comp just doesn't hold because there's a real superlative edge to The Batman's reviews that's getting washed out in your data but was obviously there in people's experience of the "critical consensus." There's a massive 16 point metacritic gap and the batman slotted in at 16th in metacritics "top 10 films of the year" aggregation. https://web.archive.org/web/20230204061831/https://www.metacritic.com/feature/film-critics-pick-10-best-movies-of-2022?ref=hp

1 minute ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

this comp just doesn't hold because there's a real superlative edge to The Batman's reviews that's getting washed out in your data but was obviously there in people's experience of the "critical consensus." There's a massive 16 point metacritic gap and the batman slotted in at 16th in metacritics "top 10 films of the year" aggregation. https://web.archive.org/web/20230204061831/https://www.metacritic.com/feature/film-critics-pick-10-best-movies-of-2022?ref=hp

That’s just more Marvel x DC non sense. It’s behaving both in critic consensus and public reception like a Deadpool film, and cold hard data proves that it’s the most well received Deadpool and Wolverine film. 

The rest is noise and fanboys trying to one up each other for their respective teams. Like always, which is boring. Me? I love all of them, feel free to keep your search for true kino without me.

• Knock It Off 2

17 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That’s just more Marvel x DC non sense

Yup, my longstanding love of metacritic top 10 lists is just a goofy "Marvel v. DC" coping mechanism. I don't really want to play the game where I cite e.g. GotG in 2014 as an MCU film that "placed" on this sort of list to disprove a self-refuting point. 

Superlatives matter. The great thing about top 10 lists is that they impose artificial scarcity and thus really does clarify things that RT averages simply miss. I don't detect a vein of truly superlative critical reception for DxW and that is relevant. That doesn't mean DxW had bad reception but I really do think it's something the RT datapoints miss. I think a lot of "what was the real critical reception" disagreements can be helpfully informed by this sort of check. What it's really helpful for is something like Django Unchained which both had an 87% positive score and placed 10th in the metacritic top 10 aggregation. 

true kino

Sas Ego GIF by Channel 7

Edited by PlatnumRoyce

2 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

My longstanding love of metacritic top 10 lists is just a goofy "Marvel v. DC" coping mechanism. I don't really want to play the game where I cite e.g. GotG in 2014 as an MCU film that "placed" on this sort of list to disprove a self-refuting point. 

Superlatives matter. The great thing about top 10 lists is that they impose artificial scarcity and thus really does clarify things that RT averages simply miss. I don't detect a vein of truly superlative critical reception for DxW and that is relevant. That doesn't mean DxW had bad reception but I really do think it's something the RT datapoints miss. I think a lot of "what was the real critical reception" disagreements can be helpfully informed by this sort of check. 

Sas Ego GIF by Channel 7

Pretend Claudia Karvan GIF by Morphin

2 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Yup, my longstanding love of metacritic top 10 lists is just a goofy "Marvel v. DC" coping mechanism. I don't really want to play the game where I cite e.g. GotG in 2014 as an MCU film that "placed" on this sort of list to disprove a self-refuting point. 

Superlatives matter. The great thing about top 10 lists is that they impose artificial scarcity and thus really does clarify things that RT averages simply miss. I don't detect a vein of truly superlative critical reception for DxW and that is relevant. That doesn't mean DxW had bad reception but I really do think it's something the RT datapoints miss. I think a lot of "what was the real critical reception" disagreements can be helpfully informed by this sort of check. What it's really helpful for is something like Django Unchained which both had an 87% positive score and placed 10th in the metacritic top 10 aggregation. 

Sas Ego GIF by Channel 7

It’s not worth getting worked up over the guy. He has a strict view of things based on nothing but ignorance. He usually slithers away when there’s no Marvel movie to gas up (one of the nicest things about the superhero flops in 2023).

• Like 3

Bit of a non sequitur but

2 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

16th in metacritics "top 10 films of the year"

What in the fresh hell is this. If you want to stretch for an HM or too, finnnnnnne, but good god man

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It’s not worth getting worked up over the guy. He has a strict view of things based on nothing but ignorance. He usually slithers away when there’s no Marvel movie to gas up (one of the nicest things about the superhero flops in 2023).

I thought he had a rant about how this forum was dogshit and quit but apparently that's just the down period of a marvel film not doing well

• Like 1