kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

56 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

R rating doesn’t particularly hurt legs

200+ OW doesn’t particularly help legs  

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk

Man this made me realize that only TWO movies have cracked $200M OW since Endgame. And they're both Marvel multiverse 3-quels

Tbh I'm actually kinda happy this didn't get the Mufasa date domestically because with that it wouldn't have cracked $200M OW. 

24 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Post-pandemic movies have been having absolutely horrible legs or absolutely amazing legs. 

I mean in terms of MCU movies a lot of that has been contributed high anticipation for movie making Hugh OW but killed by awful WOM. The amount of content and short theatrical window wasn’t good either. 

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I mean in terms of MCU movies a lot of that has been contributed high anticipation for movie making Hugh OW but killed by awful WOM. The amount of content and short theatrical window wasn’t good either. 

Quantumania and MoM was hit hard by bad WOM. MoM was considered a success and would have made a billion with China though.

Edited by Mojoguy

7 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Absolutely, just speaking in terms of legs

If MoM had been as well received as D&W, it absolutely would have made much more than it did.

D&W only made $24M more OW but will end up $200M more DOM than MoM in the end! Pretty crazy.

12 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

I still remember when DS2 numbers were considered the best case scenario for this.

I still remember when Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was expected to open to over $200M because of the amazing pre-sales, but mixed word-of-mouth brought it down to $187.4M

This really is a testament to how word-of-mouth can either make or break a MCU film. If it's good, you have great legs, but if it's bad (or even mixed) in any way, the legs will either be really weak or terrible. 

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think we can safely say, now that we have a reasonable example size, that when something hits 200+ it means something culturally in a way that supercedes normal performances. If it can get up to 200, it can get to 600 DOM close to guaranteed

Nahh....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I still remember when Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness was expected to open to over $200M because of the amazing pre-sales, but mixed word-of-mouth brought it down to $187.4M

This really is a testament to how word-of-mouth can either make or break a MCU film. If it's good, you have great legs, but if it's bad (or even mixed) in any way, the legs will either be really weak or terrible. 

As with every big blockbuster film. "DS2 followed NWH and yet did only close to $1B!" was the sentiment before DP and W.

On 8/30/2024 at 4:39 AM, Mad Max007 said:

As with every big blockbuster film. "DS2 followed NWH and yet did only close to $1B!" was the sentiment before DP and W.

DS2 followed NWH, that's why it was opening at 200+

It wasn't good, that's why it didn't and has poor legs.