kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

BVS had the worst word of mouth for a comic book movie in ages. Drops were brutal everywhere. Even if JL opens with less, at least it has the chance of holding better and dropping less, thus eliminating the difference with BVS ( regarding numbers ) and making a little more in the long haul.

Hell, even Fantastic Four ( 2015 ) have a higher multiplier than BVS. lol

Yeah I remember BvS second weekend drop across the globe was atrocious ....

• Like 1

Not included in that total is today’s Day One China flash estimate which is $15.1M on approximately 21,000 screens and taking a 65% share of the Top 5 films. The Middle Kingdom start is WB’s 2nd biggest opening day ever behind Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, and is pretty much on par with the recent release of Disney/Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok. The PROC total for JL so far, including sneaks, is $16.4M. This portends a weekend in the $50M range.

Looking at Thursday, Australia was the top bow for the superheroes with $1.3M (A$1.7M) on 729 screens and taking 67% of the Top 5. This is WB’s best opening of 2017, topping Wonder Woman by 51%.

Russia grossed an estimated $1.3M (Rbl 76M) from 2,625 screens, dominating with a 63% share of the Top 5. This topped the Thursday opening of WW by +49%.

Korea bowed in earnest on Thursday with $1.14M (Won 1.3B). While it dominated play, that’s on par with the previous day. As we’ve previously noted, Korea is not a huge DC market. The cume through Thursday is $2.3M.

Then there’s the Philippines where JL commanded 98% of the Top 5 films in its open. The start there for the superhero mash-up is $1.12M (PHP 57.3M) on 748 screens. That makes it the biggest industry opening day for 2017, well above Thor 3 and WW.

In the UAE, the caped guys took in $701K (AED 2.6M) to pull the 2nd biggest opening day for a WB film ever behind BVS and ahead of the opening day of WW by 64%. Taiwan grossed $760K (NT$ 22.9) on 319 screens, for 85% of the market.

Where JL is less muscular is in Europe, which is not typically DC’s most armored batsuit. Germany brought in an estimated $737K (634K euros), including previews, on 936 screens and taking 45% share of the top 5 films during this non-holiday period. And Italy grossed $530K (455K euros) in its opening day, capturing 66% share of the Top 5 films. That is a good news score that doubled the opening day results of Wonder Woman. In its 2nd day, France grossed an estimated $578K (496K euros) on 687 screens, with 53% share of the Top 5 films and bringing the 2-day cume to $1.7M; that’s not so hot.

Where DC decidedly demonstrates power is in Latin America. In its second day, Brazil generated another strong $1.4M (R$ 4.7M) on 1,508 screens and maintained an 87% share of the Top 5 films. The local total is $5.6M.

Asia is also faring well with Indonesia adding $755K (IDR 10.8B) on 905 screens, bringing the cume to $1.6M.

There are 18 markets opening today (Friday) including Spain, the UK, China and Mexico. More updates to come…

http://deadline.com/2017/11/justice-league-opening-results-international-box-office-1202209607/

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

We'll see, let's be optimistic as long as possible :)

Even if it's disappointing it's too early to see it ending under $800m WW.

After the first 2 days OS and that midnight number im already willing to bet that JL wont reach 800 mill..

Thats 300 mill DOM and 500 OS... Nope nope nope..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fmpro said:

27,3 is wed and thu

Not friday

When I originally shared the link I thought it had China as I didn’t  Really read the article from 3 hours ago or so.

I feel the film is in better shape than I initially thought.

its 40% ahead of Wonder Woman in some markets and that’s good considering most say that film didn’t have a foreign appeal.

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

as an eventual $215M-$235M overall overseas opening weekend.

BvS made 254 with a couple more markets (BvS had a 4.5m in Japan for example), we could see more something like a 10% or less drop oversee, for an around 500m result (instead of 545m) if it start with 225.

If so, an above 750m would be locked.

• Like 2

Just now, Barnack said:

as an eventual $215M-$235M overall overseas opening weekend.

BvS made 254 with a couple more markets (BvS had a 4.5m in Japan for example), we could see more something like a 10% or less drop oversee, for an around 500m result (instead of 545m) if it start with 225.

If so, an above 750m would be locked.

Don’t forget BVS had horrible drops across the broad.

I love the film but I do at least acknowledge Its 69%drop in NA and a 68% drop (can’t remember exact number ) in the foreign market.

After the following Tuesday the film fell off in all markets .

JL just needs to hold better,Taking a 50%drop each weekend can look like this 

32(-60%TLJ)= 442 and that’s a possibility without the Weekdays.

An “A or A- Cinema Score is a must

@Subzero

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I love the film but I do at least acknowledge Its 69%drop in NA and a 68% drop (can’t remember exact number ) in the foreign market.

@Subzero

Yeah at this point anything over $750m WW is a win for this I think .... the more the merrier ... hopefully legs will carry it over 850m WW.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Looks like China went up from Estimate ...to 16.4m on opening day. So with 27.3 + 16.4, that's ~ 44m so far.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justice-league-box-office-international-china-1202617541/

That's much better. I thought the movie had made 27 million already including China's numbers...:)

You gave me hope. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Yeah at this point anything over $750m WW is a win for this I think .... the more the merrier ... hopefully legs will carry it over 850m WW.

It was a best case scenario as I just remember BVS horrible legs 

GOTGv2 2.8x

Logan 2.4

SM:HC 2.6x

Wonder Woman 3.22x

Thor (Already)2.7x

If JL is a crowd pleaser then it can look like this 

235x2.7=634

235x2.8=658

235x2.9=681

235x3.0=705

If it’s not then 

235x2.0=470

235x2.1=493

235x2.2=517

235x2.3=540

235x2.4=564

235x2.5=587

235x2.6=611

I’m hoping for a 3.0xThen JL will hit A Billion even without hitting 300domestic .

I know the film also may end up over estimates which will sway the multipliers.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@Subzero

When you global opening include the China opening and almost all market, big drop for a sequel are to be expected, Guardian 2 had "good" legs in china for what it was, 70% drop in China.

It could do better than the 67% drop, but 442m just from the weekend ? (So a what 600m oversea total) is way too optimistic.

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Literally a JL film making less than $1b is disapointing. Less than $800m is just awful.

It is what it is. We’re just beating a dead horse right now. All we can do is just hope it makes as much $$$ as possible and hopefully better films for the future. 

• Like 1