MCU
Civil War = $ 23.2m
Doctor Strange = $ 15,7m

Total = $ 38.9m

DCEU

Batman v Superman = $ 21.3m
Suicide Squad = $ 19.4m

Total = $ 40.7m

Sorry but your information is not correct.

And when  we have final box office of Justice League and Thor 3 ,  we'll know who's going to win in 2017, you're just talking about the opening day like it's the final box office, Lol

OK, I lose. Facts are facts :P

But for sure Justice League has making a lot more money on licensed products than Thor 3 or guardians of the galaxy 2, sorry but no one cares for these characters out of theaters, they do not make money on licensed products like Justice League does.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bruchav said:

"Marvel definitely won the battle this year, once again."

France box office in 2016.
MCU
Civil War = $ 23.2m
Doctor Strange = $ 15,7m

Total = $ 38.9m

DCEU

Batman v Superman = $ 21.3m
Suicide Squad = $ 19.4m

Total = $ 40.7m

Sorry but your information is not correct.

And when  we have final box office of Justice League and Thor 3 ,  we'll know who's going to win in 2017, you're just talking about the opening day like it's the final box office, Lol

I thought he was talking about everywhere, not just France?

9 minutes ago, bruchav said:

But for sure Justice League has making a lot more money on licensed products than Thor 3 or guardians of the galaxy 2, sorry but no one cares for these characters out of theaters, they do not make money on licensed products like Justice League does.

People care about Guardians of the Galaxy. Groot and Rocket Raccoon are popular ;)

Hulk is popular ;)

Being a DC fanboy is a thing, lying is something else and less glorious..

Come on Bruchav, be rational :P I like you so you're forgiven :P

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

You need to recalculate you numbers.. on China only going to pass BVS by 30M at least.  Asia markets has grow on last year and Latin America is doing really good .

no

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

I don't think it can beat BVS' 542M

BvS had terrible legs, it dropped like 70% on it second weekend OS across the board as I recall ...

The WOM on this is much better and audiences seem to be eating this up, so the legs will be much better than BvS and I think it will beat out BvS at the end.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:46 AM, FantasticBeasts said:

Honestly though If this falls short of $600m it would be a bit of a dissapointment. At least If DCEU really wants to be competitive with Marvel and other top-notch overseas franchises.

In no way would a BvS like performance will be considered bad, but when you have all your heroes all together the numbers they will pull feels like the max you can really do, and nowadays $500m OS is not anything extraordinary. Thor is about to pull such a number and it is only a standalone installment.

Given the rule of thumb that ,when everything is averaged in, a film needs to gross twice it's production budget to just break even,and if the 300 Million budget figure is correct, short of 600 Million for a Justice League film with so many DCU heavy hitters would be a freaking disaster, and heads would roll at Warners.

I hope I don't have to explain that a studio only gets roughly half the box office take worldwide when everything is averaged in.

Edited by dudalb