FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Moana - 55.5/81.1M; Fantastic Beasts - 45.1M; Doctor Strange - 13.4M; Allied - 13/18M; Arrival - 11.3M; Trolls - 10.3M; Bad Santa 2 - 6.1/9M

I'm pretty happy at Frozen's boxoffice run.

It's not really something that happens in this frontloaded boxoffice world anymore.

Nearly everyone thought Frozen would do Tangled's $200m DOM and disappear, instead it was the perfect counter against Catching Fire. Blame the other studios for not putting out stronger movies in winter 2013.

Moana gonna do about 5M today at my theatre, which is incredibly strong considering there is still school in Canada. So 11.5M, including last nights previews.

Again, that's taking into account that there's still school. For comparison, Trolls opened to $66.8M here and did something dreadful like 1.3M the first Wednesday. It's not apples to apples, but it shows that the number is strong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Moana gonna do about 5M today at my theatre, which is incredibly strong considering there is still school in Canada. So 11.5M, including last nights previews.

Again, that's taking into account that there's still school. For comparison, Trolls opened to $66.8M here and did something dreadful like 1.3M the first Wednesday. It's not apples to apples, but it shows that the number is strong.

wait so are you saying you are predicting 11.5 million for the Wed gross? 

Edited by ban1o

11 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

The big test comes with The New Batch. I still haven't figured out how I feel about it.

New Batch is like Predator 2.

It takes the mythos into crazy land and you're too busy cheesing to care.

I wish Hollywood still had the balls and focus to do the same thing with sequels today.

• Like 1