Water Bottle

Get Out | February 24th | Under Comedy/Musical Category at Golden Globes

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Eh Cabin in the Woods was fun to me which means it's probably a damn masterpiece of the genre as I can count with the fingers of one hand which horror movies are "fun" in my opinion.

Actually, let's see... The Cabin in the Wood, the first Scream (4 was fine-ish, the rest? Ew), Blair Witch(never watching it again though), hmm... Does Zombieland or Shaun of the Dead count? Maybe Resident Evil? Cause I think that's it...

Maybe watch a few horror movies from before the 1990s and 2000s? :lol: 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PDC1987 said:

CITW was not supposed to be a straightforward cabin in the woods film. That entire movie is a subversive (to general audiences) metaphor for the abysmal state of modern studio-horror filmmaking

oh really. wow. i couldn't tell.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

Let the backlash begin

"Keith%20," who gave the movie half a star, wrote a three-paragraph comment. Here is an excerpt:

I don't care if this actually an entertaining movie or not I find it atrocious that anyone can support such outright racism. It's blatantly pushing a racist stereotype agenda against white people. But no you can't be racist against white people we're "too privileged" I've heard as an excuse ...

"Paul b" also gave the movie half a star:

100% Anti-white film used as propaganda. White shaming white women to date black guys or they are racist. Standard "it's so tough to be a black person" nonsense. White people are evil bla bla bla...black people are persecuted bla bla bla. This movie was poorly acted and directed. Wooden cast. Its forgettable if it weren't for the disgusting racism involved and a Hollywood narrative. Sadly I wasted my money on this so I can be insulted on this D-level "thriller."

"Kelly W" gave the movie half a star, too:

Maybe it's because I'm white that I didn't like this movie. I really wanted to like it but just couldn't get past the racial stereotypes and social message. If he picked one genre, it would be a good movie but mixing the white people are evil message and a horror movie into one film just killed the experience.

"Knee G," who also gave the movie half a star, put it more succinctly:

Boring plot with an anti-white agenda.

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Eh Cabin in the Woods was fun to me which means it's probably a damn masterpiece of the genre as I can count with the fingers of one hand which horror movies are "fun" in my opinion.

Actually, let's see... The Cabin in the Wood, the first Scream (4 was fine-ish, the rest? Ew), Blair Witch(never watching it again though), hmm... Does Zombieland or Shaun of the Dead count? Maybe Resident Evil? Cause I think that's it...

Image result for drag me to hell gif

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

well it wasn't funny or scary. but if you're entertained by folks jerking themselves off to how much they know about horror films that's none of my business.

Im entertained by entertaining films, which it was. Dont get bitter because you're depressed by the fact you wasnt snart enough to make it into film. And yes it was funny, if you have this thing called a sense of humour

• Like 1

Mmm that article was completely unnecessary. There isn't really any backlash mic is trying to manufacture backlash. Like obviously some white people (and some black people) will dislike it. No reason to write an article on it. The thing has a 86% audience score on RT and a 7.7 on imdb (sure it was downvoted by trolls but whatever). As liberal as I am I dislike how some media outlets take a few comments on Twitter and make a whole article about backlash. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 8

23 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Maybe watch a few horror movies from before the 1990s and 2000s? :lol: 

If 3 decades of horror films haven't gotten me to like the genre at all, why do you think the other decades will? Plus it's not like I haven't watched plenty from the 80's either cause I have and I'm not a fan.

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Image result for drag me to hell gif

Right, that one was fine-ish in a WTF sort of way.

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Mmm that article was completely unnecessary. There isn't really any backlash mic is trying to manufacture backlash. Like obviously some white people (and some black people) will dislike it. No reason to write an article on it. The thing has a 86% audience score on RT and a 7.7 on imdb (sure it was devoted by trolls but whatever). As liberal as I am I dislike how some media outlets take a few comments on Twitter and make a whole article about backlash. 

Clickbait.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Sorry i must be mistaken in thinking Hollywood was a business this whole time.... oh wait im not, you're just an idiot ?

You honestly think you have the right to speak to me like that?

Hollywood is a business, but many of the people who make the actual product are ARTISTS. You think the likes of Tarantino don't like making films and only started doing it for the money? Knowing that maybe 1% of people who pursue a career in film actually make it big?

Edited by PDC1987

Good grief... All this Cabin In The Woods shade, eh? Well, to each his own. But, bet J. Peele loved it. Hell, he cast Brad Whitford in probably second or third most important role in Get Out. And, honestly, Whitford and Keener tower over all else when in any scene in Get Out. Just seemed on a different, higher plane. They really, really knew what movie they were in and killed it.

Honestly, it was almost jarring how much comfortable Keener, Whitford and Root are in this movie than everyone else. They're A LOT better than everyone else. A LOT. Probably stems from their bizarro past experiences in Being John Malkovich for Keener, Whitford in Cabin In The Wood, Root with the Coens. I could've used more of them and less of everyone else. I wondering where I'd seen that weirdo son of their's before... Byzantium. I like him too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

If 3 decades of horror films haven't gotten me to like the genre at all, why do you think the other decades will? Plus it's not like I haven't watched plenty from the 80's either cause I have and I'm not a fan.

Right, that one was fine-ish in a WTF sort of way.

I'm not much of a horror guy either, but to wonder about masterpieces of the genre and then name a couple of hits from the 2000s seems a bit silly to me. There are fantastic, thrilling, un-nerving, and thought-provoking movies from the 60s, 70s, and 80s and the fact you didn't mention any of them made me wonder whether you've seen them, that's all. 

• Like 10