Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i'll finally see moana on tuesday! i've been pretty up and down on this new age of WDAS that ppl have decided to get a boner for. Tangled/wreck it ralph were fine, kinda lame, frozen was excellent, big hero 6 terrible and zootopia is ok but undercuts itself. been getting kinda hyped for this one though from what i'm hearing.

I think you'll enjoy Moana. It's one of their better efforts as of late.

is targeting a $135 million-$145 million U.S. debut after launching to huge numbers on Friday, according to early returns.

Rivals say Disney is being conservative, and that Rogue One could come in at $150 million or more.

For some reasons I do not get that into the twitter post, out of THR

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I'll give you 6 likes if you pm this to me.

(I'd like to read it after I see the movie tomorrow).

I feel you're in for disappointment. It's just a crappy one-line joke. I haven't even seen the movie, I just assumed that it happened.

• Like 7

What looks to be perhaps a ~$150 million weekend, give or take $10 million or so, is great. I find this to be quite impressive for a Star Wars spin-off movie. It could prove to be less frontloaded overall, it there is a less of a fan rush and WOM is good. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

I think i'll die a little inside if people start proclaiming this a flop after a freaking $150mil opening.

This isn't Ep.8, its a prequel spin-off.

Its like back in the Mojo days before The Hobbit came out and people like Shawn were saying '$500+mil total easy', it was never going to happen with a spin-off (yes i know the Hobbit isn't technically a spin-off but it was seen that way).

$150mil OW and $450-500mil total is great and you can't expect more from this really. Hell those kind of numbers is what some people on here thought TFA would do pre-release!.

• Like 7

My main goal is to get to $500 Dom and pass Dory for  #1. That would be 7/8 for Star Wars winning the year and would be astonishing,

I want $150 as I think that will get it to $500. I may be wrong, but I think a 3.4-3.5 multiplier is incoming. Don't see it falling to a 3x or less.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

I think i'll die a little inside if people start proclaiming this a flop after a freaking $150mil opening.

This isn't Ep.8, its a prequel spin-off.

Its like back in the Mojo days before The Hobbit came out and people like Shawn were saying '$500+mil total easy', it was never going to happen with a spin-off (yes i know the Hobbit isn't technically a spin-off but it was seen that way).

$150mil OW and $450-500mil total is great and you can't expect more from this really. Hell those kind of numbers is what some people on here thought TFA would do pre-release!.

people need to be careful not to choke on their aspirations

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

My main goal is to get to $500 Dom and pass Dory for  #1. That would be 7/8 for Star Wars winning the year and would be astonishing,

I want $150 as I think that will get it to $500. I may be wrong, but I think a 3.4-3.5 multiplier is incoming. Don't see it falling to a 3x or less.

Imo $500mil will happen. This could very well do 80-90mil next weekend, maybe even more. 3rd weekend should be big as well.

48 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

But does it matter whete the money comes from? I mean...for a movie ro make 900 mill domestic there has to be a lot of repeat viewings.

Not at all, money is money. I just think that IF that's true we will see a big drop in box office as the general audience stays away or at least stays away from the OW. I think WOM though will bring the GA back and allow RO to have a really strong multiplier. I could be completely wrong, but we shall see how it's run goes. This also leads me to believe that if the next film is marketed well it will increase upon the second one. One thing is for sure though. For me I wish TFA and RO box office grosses were swapped regardless of what RO gets.

• Like 1