Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i loved nocturnal animals but it's pretty obvious it's not a movie that plays. manchesters doing pretty good i never expected too much more than 20mil for it. it's already lonergan's biggest movie! :lol: 

Amazon Studios have made some great acquisitions with Manchester by the Sea, Love and Friendship, Paterson etc they're one to look out for along with A24

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Amazon Studios have made some great acquisitions with Manchester by the Sea, Love and Friendship, Paterson etc they're one to look out for along with A24

yeah lol when they first picked up manchester I thought like "does this mean i have to get amazon prime to watch it?!?" lmao i'm glad they're not going like that. w/ them funding todd haynes next movie too. all the good they're doing for movies almost makes me forgive them for that stuff i ordered that never came that they won't refund me for.

• Like 1

Manchester is going to ride out the awards nominations. It's a frontrunner in several categories. Unless Amazon has plans to pull it from theatres in the near future, it could continue playing fairly well until late February.  

I think La La Land is heading for $100M+ pretty easily.

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Manchester is going to ride out the awards nominations. It's a frontrunner in several categories. Unless Amazon has plans to pull it from theatres in the near future, it could continue playing fairly well until late February.  

I think La La Land is heading for $100M+ pretty easily.

Amazon probably won't start streaming it until late March anyway, they're not like Netflix who don't opt for a theatrical release 

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah lol when they first picked up manchester I thought like "does this mean i have to get amazon prime to watch it?!?" lmao i'm glad they're not going like that. w/ them funding todd haynes next movie too. all the good they're doing for movies almost makes me forgive them for that stuff i ordered that never came that they won't refund me for.

Ah that's right. I forgot Amazon is doing Todd Haynes' next movie with Julianne Moore and Michelle Williams. 

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I am bad with acronyms, probably something obvious, but which outlet do you mean please?

Welcome to todays second acronym lesson with your greatest friend on BOT, IronJimbo!

TFW is an acronym for The Feel When.

An example would be, The feel when terrestrial ignores you. The feel would be a sad feel.

• Like 1