Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Pirates trailer has been growing on me. I don't know if it's something I'll see in theaters, but Bardem looks pretty fun in it.

Bardem looks fun, but the obvious CGI on his character (early as it may be), looks bad.

Edited by Fancyarcher

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well, it's the most visually compelling film ever made and the rest of it's not too shabby either...

Um, actually, I think the rest of it is pretty shabby. But the visuals ARE great.

Going in for my second viewing of RO in an hour and a half.  

Actually i I thought my showing was 11PM last night as well but it was actually 10:30 :wacko:  But I was surprised when I walked in at 10:55 that they were just finishing up the Dunkirk preview :lol:

22 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The 20 minutes of trailers I had on Thursday would have been better if Sing, Boss Baby, and Transformers were swapped with other trailers :lol: I'd say the sweet spot is 6-7 trailers. 

I had zero trailers. I finished my second job application. I want to finish one a day while on my winter break. 

• Like 1

Was thinking about R1s early feeling of slowness and realized two things. First, GotG felt the exact same way. The problem was that the beginning was so exposition heavy it felt like you were swimming upstream to keep up and it isnt until they break out of the Kyln that the flow starts feeling comfortable. Second, it only happens in the first viewing. After that, you know whats what and the action doesnt feel slowed down while your brain figures out whats going on.

Same issue in both movies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

Was thinking about R1s early feeling of slowness and realized two things. First, GotG felt the exact same way. The problem was that the beginning was so exposition heavy it felt like you were swimming upstream to keep up and it isnt until they break out of the Kyln that the flow starts feeling comfortable. Second, it only happens in the first viewing. After that, you know whats what and the action doesnt feel slowed down while your brain figures out whats going on.

Same issue in both movies.

Maybe that explains why Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite marvel movie, and Rogue One is inching very close into "favorite Star Wars movie" territory for me.

I don't mind repeat viewings :redcapes:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Enjoyed it even more my 2nd time. Everything flowed better and the film just flew by for me. Gonna take at least a day or 2 off and then maybe go again.

Yeah, second viewing FLEW by. This stands up better to repeat viewing than I originally thought.

• Like 1