Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-preview-box-office-social-media-1201871704/

5th UPDATE,Friday Noon: For a sequel in December, Rogue One is off to a fantastic start, and given its momentum and positive word of mouth, it’s a movie that moviegoers will gradually make their way to during the holiday season, even if they’re not out in ultimate force this weekend, but still, with a projected weekend between $140M-$145M at 4,157 theaters, that’s pretty damn good. Currently, Friday looks like it’s in the high $60M range, including $29M from last night.

Elsewhere, Warner Bros./New Line’s Collateral Beauty is looking like a case of the box office ulgies: Pained by 13% Rotten Tomatoes reviews, it’s looking at delivering Will Smith his lowest wide release opening of his career with $7.5M-$8M at 3,028 theaters (that’s lower than $10.5M that Concussion made). This is according to industry estimates, not Warner Bros. There’s more than Rogue One to blame here.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 6

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

3D sucks, but your IMAX has the Dunkirk Prologue. ;)

Actually the 3D is always pretty good in Laser. Bright and sharp, and handles movement extremely well. Still, unless it's a must-see in 3D I could do without. But yes, the Dunkirk prologue would have been worth any trouble with the 3D.

• Like 2

Just now, POTUS said:

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-preview-box-office-social-media-1201871704/

5th UPDATE,Friday Noon: For a sequel in December, Rogue One is off to a fantastic start, and given its momentum and positive word of mouth, it’s a movie that moviegoers will gradually make their way to during the holiday season, even if they’re not out in ultimate force this weekend, but still, with a projected weekend between $140M-$145M at 4,157 theaters, that’s pretty damn good. Currently, Friday looks like it’s in the high $60M range, including $29M from last night.

Way, way too early, but high 60's would be very good.

• Like 6

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Actually the 3D is always pretty good in Laser. Bright and sharp, and handles movement extremely well. Still, unless it's a must-see in 3D I could do without. But yes, the Dunkirk prologue would have been worth any trouble with the 3D.

How big are the Dolby Cinema screens? Similar to LieMAX and Regal's RPX?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

How big are the Dolby Cinema screens? Similar to LieMAX and Regal's RPX?

Yeah, LieMAX size. Great projector though, very comparable (maybe better?) to the IMAX Laser Projector. So much better than average PLF quality. Plus, the theater is optimized for Atmos sound.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Reading now! :ohmygod: 

(The selection includes an occasional something by Bowie or the Beatles; this movie winks at adults with real music the way that Pixar winks at adults with good writing.)

Image result for wrong number gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They're projecting a $7.5-8M opening for Collateral Beauty. Embarrassing.

On a $36mil budget that's actually pretty decent.

Remember that number doesn't include Thursday previews.

Edited by Brainiac5

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, LieMAX size. Great projector though, very comparable (maybe better?) to the IMAX Laser Projector. So much better than average PLF quality. Plus, the theater is optimized for Atmos sound.

Yeah, we're getting Dolby upgrade in one of our theaters, and it's dual laser projectors and Atmos sound, so I'm going to be living in that theater.

• Like 3

Just now, Jayhawk said:

If it's that low right now, maybe sub-5m is possible.

The horrible reviews completely killed it. I decided to stay away because I figured I wouldn't like it and don't have $12 to waste.

Passengers must be sweating right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Elsewhere, Warner Bros./New Line’s Collateral Beauty is looking like a case of the box office ulgies: Pained by 13% Rotten Tomatoes reviews, it’s looking at delivering Will Smith his lowest wide release opening of his career with $7.5M-$8M at 3,028 theaters (that’s lower than $10.5M that Concussion made). This is according to industry estimates, not Warner Bros. There’s more than Rogue One to blame here.

Damn you Will Smith.  I knew I should have gone even lower

• Like 2