Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

More from Deadline:

Now, some think Rogue One could tip to $70M today, and if that’s the case, it’s three-day will get closer to $150M. With so much pre-sold business, it’s hard for some analysts to see a trend this early. Weather is a bit of a factor this time around compared to last year. There were situations last night where Canadian advance ticket holders couldn’t get to the theater. Winter Storm Decima which is bringing a snowy, icy mess from the Rockies to the Northeast this weekend isn’t expected to close down any theaters, but still it could delay some moviegoers getting to the theater.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, POTUS said:

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-preview-box-office-social-media-1201871704/

5th UPDATE,Friday Noon: For a sequel in December, Rogue One is off to a fantastic start, and given its momentum and positive word of mouth, it’s a movie that moviegoers will gradually make their way to during the holiday season, even if they’re not out in ultimate force this weekend, but still, with a projected weekend between $140M-$145M at 4,157 theaters, that’s pretty damn good. Currently, Friday looks like it’s in the high $60M range, including $29M from last night.

That would be good, and basically smack dab in between where those of us in Baumer's club and those of us out of Baumer's club were arguing. So not sure which side gets bragging rights on that number. :P Super early though obviously. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, we're getting Dolby upgrade in one of our theaters, and it's dual laser projectors and Atmos sound, so I'm going to be living in that theater.

You lucky bastard :lol: It costs $20.49 here (same as the LieMAX), but I decided to splurge on RO tix. But yeah, it's better than LieMAX for sure.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

That would be good, and basically smack dab in between where those of us in Baumer's club and those of us out of Baumer's club were arguing. So not sure which side gets bragging rights on that number. :P Super early though obviously. 

It's gonna end up at 449 or 451 I feel like :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Let's be honest, no one can really claim any sort of victory until at least through the first week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

You lucky bastard :lol: It costs $20.49 here (same as the LieMAX), but I decided to splurge on RO tix. But yeah, it's better than LieMAX for sure.

DAT PASS THO

Won't work on a movie like R1 right now :sadben:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

LieMAX is over $20 in your neck of the woods? Damn. $15 here. Generally I stick with RPX since the screen size is very similar and I hate 3D. RPX at least gives me a 2D large format option and it's cheaper to boot. $11.50 matinee and $13.50 at night.