Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti and The Panda Present: THE FIFTH ANNUAL BOFFY AWARDS! La La Land, Arrival, and Zootopia Lead the Pack!

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Lots of people probably voted for Zootopia without seeing Manchester by the Sea.

I didn't vote any category because I didn't see many of the movies.

I voted for Zootopia myself. Manchester had a great script, but I find myself liking Zootopia's script even more.

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Now time for more TV Shows that most of the people on these forums didn't watch! #sorrynotsorry

Best TV Show - Comedy

Atlanta

Black-ish

Silicon Valley

Bojack Horseman

Veep

And the winner is...

Hide contents

Atlanta

Atlanta-First-Ep.jpg

source.gif

• Like 1

Now for another write-up

Manchester by the Sea

Manchester-By-the-Sea-UK-Poster.jpg

"Manchester by the Sea is an emotional roller coaster that sweeps up every viewer in its path. Its power is in its realness, with strong characters. Lee and Patrick are compelling in their authenticity and their individual tragedies that bind them together on this poignant tale. Lonergan writes this tale with perfect precision, mixing the most intense drama with some really funny moments. Then, he directs it even more meticulously.

Praises have been thrown on Casey Affleck for his performance as Lee, and understandably so. It's rare that a well-known actor melts away so completely as Affleck does in this film. After the opening scenes, all you see is Lee, and he breaks you emotionally again and again. Lucas Hedges also brings Patrick to life in an incredible way, constantly living his tragedy while remaining a goofy kid. Williams and Chandler round out the cast in memorable supporting roles, and they both have memorable scenes that touch the heart in different ways. The entire ensemble is one of the best of the year, full of character actors who inhabit their characters fully, no matter how small the screentime.

The cinematography is frequently gorgeous. Lipes frames shots in a way that reflect the emotion perfectly, and there are so many moments that are unforgettable in part thanks to their beautiful composition. Lame's editing matches this by making a two-hour-plus movie simultaneously feel like an epic despite the fact that the viewer will want to be living with these characters longer.

Manchester by the Sea is a beautiful look at family and how we cope with tragedy. It's a powerful drama, intimate in the human love it portrays while sweeping in its storytelling. Lonergan has made a film that will be remembered for years to come, thanks to his magnificent direction and script and his actors' breathtaking performances. A true work of art." - Blankments

manchesterbythesea.jpg

"Well, this was an emotional sucker punch. This is a remarkable, heartwrenching, and ultimately uplifting portrayal of sudden loss and grief that doesn't feel at all overwrought: anyone who has ever had to endure the loss of someone close is certain to see themselves in these very human characters. Despite the heavy subject matter, it even throws in moments of levity that feels natural, including a handful of hilarious scenes that are funnier than most comedies that have come out this year. Carrying the film on his shoulders is a transcendent turn from Casey Affleck with a marvelously lived-in performance. He's no less matched by a tremendous breakout performance from Lucas Hedges, who makes the strongest impression of any young actor since Shailene Woodley in The Descendants. Kyle Chandler has little in the way of screentime but his absence hangs over the film. Also with little in the way of screentime but making a massive impression is Michelle Williams, who gets the film's most heartbreaking lines of dialogue. This is my #1 of the year so far." - filmlover

• Like 3

Now for the category where we forgot what the definition of Soundtrack was and nominated 4 Original Musicals instead :ph34r:

Best Soundtrack

Deadpool

Fox

La La Land

Lionsgate

Moana

Disney

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

Universal

Sing Street

Weinstein

And the winner is...