DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So...

Patriots Day has a shot at 5M at my theatre today. 4.8ish is more likely but I think the late show will be strong.

As for Monster Trucks @That One Guy (and I'm seriously NOT lying guys)

Hide contents

8.5-9M. I'm not kidding. Our strongest movie by far tonight. I was utterly shocked. Unless people come out hating it, I could see 35 for the weekend

YES.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, trifle said:
  Hide contents

so the club might make it?  Actually, I'm not surprised. It has opened pretty well in several overseas markets, which is part of why I joined your club.

Unfortunately it's just my theatre :(

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

With About Time, some people have a problem with

Reveal hidden contents

Just explaining what the criticisms are, don't shoot the messenger, etc.

Wasn't he not allowed to tell anybody? It's not like he deceived her on anything important lol that's completely different from what chris pratt's character did, pretty much killing her because he was lonely.

Beauty and the beast isn't the same either. Belle chose to stay in the castle to save her father, she acts completely cold towards him, they start to bond and then the beast let her go back when she asked? 

Y'all are so defensive on that dumbass movie lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Wasn't he not allowed to tell anybody? It's not like he deceived her on anything important lol that's completely different from what chris pratt's character did, pretty much killing her because he was lonely. Beauty and the beast isn't the same either Belle chose to stay in the castle to protect her father and the beast let her go back when she asked? 

Y'all are so defensive on that dumbass movie lol. 

He imprisoned her father and wouldn't release him unless she stayed in his place, intending to get her to break the spell.  He only let her go as a redemption of himself and Pratt's character

Spoiler

also did that, or offered it.  I take it you didn't see it.

But as I said, I'm not going after Beauty and the Beast.  I think characters doing bad things and redeeming themselves is pretty much a staple in film and stories.  The ambiguity of the circumstance in Passengers is precisely what makes it more interesting than a beautiful sci fi action love story with popular stars, imho.

Edited by trifle

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

He imprisoned her father and wouldn't release him unless she stayed in his place, intending to get her to break the spell.  He only let her go as a redemption of himself and Pratt's character

Reveal hidden contents

I read the plot I know how it ends, that is still different from BATB

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm guessing the tragedy at the center of Patriots Day was way too recent to be dramatized on the big screen for most people.

Which stinks because it's actually quite respectful to the victims and even features some of the survivors telling their stories in the end. 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Are you asking RTH for a golden shower? Hey, they're all the rage this days, apparently!

No, we need... sacrifices. 

Edited by YourMother

all i know is reserved seating has been looking strong for Monster Trucks but whatever.  at this location, it was looking like KUBO and War Dogs would duke it out for a 25M weekend and we all know how that turned out....  Patriots Day could be strong midwest, and same with Live By Night.  I think 3M OD/ 10M WE is in the card for Monster Trucks.  Norm of the North had a 2800 Per screen avg and I dont see how Monster Trucks could loose to that in the shadow of Paul Blart.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Silence bombing is not surprising at all. Even @Telemachos would agree it's an inaccessible arthouse movie. If CinemaScore polls, I fully expect a D or something.

I just answered this in the SILENCE thread. :lol: I don't think it's inaccessible or even an arthouse movie, but it's about a topic and subject matter that don't exactly have wide appeal.  

• Like 3