DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Is anyone else SHOCKED at Bye Bye Man? I mean if those 13-14M numbers for the weekend hold true. Genuinely surprised here to be honest.

I'm not surprised by today being good, since it is Friday the 13th. I'm not sure if the projections off today for the rest of the weekend will prove accurate, but we will see, I guess.

I did join your club, after all!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is anyone else SHOCKED at Bye Bye Man? I mean if those 13-14M numbers for the weekend hold true. Genuinely surprised here to be honest.

Not really, it looked good.

5 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

Good point! I'll be in Texas soon, so winter weather completely skipped my mind. :lol: 

Here it is already a bit loud, we have one this night (here it is already tomorrow for your POV, just after midnight) and we live on the top of a hill, fronting the hamlet in the direction of the storm. Dog is not amused ( he is p..... like h...) = bad weather is a bit prominent on our mind ;)

That's storm / stormy weather number ??? this winter.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

13-14 number for BBM is about the typical start for a 3-Day January horror film, so I would say it's about right in line with where it needed to be to not be considered a failure. 

Monster Trucks did better than it had any right to do... it's not another Delgo so, there is always that to look fondly on.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Well I mean snapchat is pretty popular amongst my age group.

I'm in your age group. I'm not that old lol

However, he's served under Sony while their film qualities and BO prospects have decreased 

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Regal is giving you a free small popcorn and 2,500 bonus points just for seeing Sleepless in the next 6 days. That seems really desperate lol.

:rotfl:

I wonder what they did back in the glory days of studios and theaters being under the same roof...

Edited by cannastop

4 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Regal is giving you a free small popcorn and 2,500 bonus points just for seeing Sleepless in the next 6 days. That seems really desperate lol.

AMC is as well. Open Road/the chains are desperate for it not to flop :lol: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

:rotfl:

I wonder what they did back in the glory days of studios and theaters being under the same roof...

Force the theater owners to show the movie for a longer time than it deserved. Since movies were the main source of entertainment back then, they could get away with anything (they really did get away with a lot). When you were a big studio, they let you do it. 

Edited by franfar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

AMC is as well. Open Road/the chains are desperate for it not to flop :lol: 

My theatre is doing a promotion for monster trucks too. This weekend seems desperate as a whole :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

My theatre is doing a promotion for monster trucks too. This weekend seems desperate as a whole :lol:

Next weekend will be better with Split and xXx

By the way, Split has 78% on RT and 75 on Metacritic. Pretty good great for Shyamalan -- 

• Like 2