DAJK

Weekend Thread...Friday numbers (Deadline) HF: 6M| BBM: 5M| PD: 4.2| LLL: 3.97 (PG 18) - NOT THE PIRACY THREAD (OR THE POLITICS THREAD)

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yeah, I apologize that you don't want to change your shitty habits despite reasonable evidence that piracy is bad.

Not the thread for this.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am not going to take life advice from random people on the internet, who get worked up over downloading movies :lol:

As I said before moralizing won't stop piracy...

That's the thing. It should. 

Yet some people have no morals anymore. It's the degradation of society as we know it basically. The 'well everyone else does it' justification is embarrassing. 

As for the screeners. This will happen as long as the studios continue to send them out as voters are too lazy to see them in theaters. Stop producing them and they'll have to seek the movies out then. As will ticket buyers who then don't have the temptation to steal it. 

What a joke of a situation that Patriots Day went wide this weekend, AFTER a screener has already leaked?! Great job Lionsgate. 

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

Gonna get even worse.

It likely will be but I always read especially on here that 'this story or revelation is Trumps end, he will lose, he will be kicked out, he will be impeached'

Now in 5 days he will be President.

My point being, the future is uncertain and its worrying and quite interesting at the same time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Take all this bullshit to the piracy thread.

It's relevant when it comes to this weekend's box office though. 

How can we not comment on the performance of Hidden Figures, Patriots Day and La La Land without discussing that they've all leaked? 

I'd love it if when the trade analysis comes out later they actually call out the industry for releasing these screeners in the first place. They're poisoning themselves. 

The Oscars worked just fine before screeners. Get the academy members into theaters.