Impact

Best Picture predictions-2017!

33 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I just read the 3 Billboards synopsis on themoviespoiler.com. There's no way this thing doesn't win. HarveyGate and other Gates work in its favor. Prepare for a sweep. 

Not so long ago:

On 7/28/2017 at 4:45 PM, Valonqar said:

This is winning BP and BD. take that to the bank. It's THE important movie of the year going against a fantasy (Del Toro), horror (Aronofsky) and sci fi (Payne) among other things. Boxoffice won't matter. Game is over. poeple can deny this fact all they want cause having the oscar race wrapped up so early is boring but that's what it is. It's won

On 7/28/2017 at 9:26 PM, Valonqar said:

I'm telling you, Detroit is it. You can screen cap it and post it come February or March 2018 (I'm not watching Oscars for years so I'm not sure of dates but it;s usually that time).  Also, why would anyone troll about predicting a safe bet?

Did not even needed to wait February ;)

Tell you the same thing I said to you then, you know there is many way this thing does not win and that why you didn't place a large bet on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not so long ago:

Did not even needed to wait February ;)

Tell you the same thing I said to you then, you know there is many way this thing does not win and that why you didn't place a large bet on it.

:rofl:

Thanks for the reminder. Every year, I hope sci fi/fantasy/horror would win. So I tend to predict movies that I don't care about so that I don't jinx movies that I want to win. :)

Having just seen Three Billboards, I don't think it's locked to win. I loved the hell out of it and could definitely see it winning thanks to its themes, but it doesn't immediately feel like a BP winner. They need to push the movie's themes hard for it to be in contention. 

Phantom Thread has screened and even though it is under tight embargo what leaks out makes it seem very interesting (go figure, a PTA/Day Lewis collab is good). Certainly don't doubt DDL is getting a nomination at this point. Best Actor has me thinking Oldman, DDL, and Timothee are safe, but the last four spots are a total toss up between Gyllenhaal, Hanks, Franco, and Kaluuya. I can see any combination, and even could see Garfield/Denzel contending for their less loved movies. I think Gyllenhaal and Franco, for now.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Phantom Thread has screened and even though it is under tight embargo what leaks out makes it seem very interesting (go figure, a PTA/Day Lewis collab is good). Certainly don't doubt DDL is getting a nomination at this point. Best Actor has me thinking Oldman, DDL, and Timothee are safe, but the last four spots are a total toss up between Gyllenhaal, Hanks, Franco, and Kaluuya. I can see any combination, and even could see Garfield/Denzel contending for their less loved movies. I think Gyllenhaal and Franco, for now.

There is zero chance Andrew Garfield is happening; I would put Renner, McAvoy, and Pattinson before him :lol: 

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i haven't even seen it yet but franco is the oscar nod i'm most invested in happening.

Wiseau presenting needs to happen, and not for a small category either. Give him something like Cinematography or Screenplay if they're really feeling risky.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is zero chance Andrew Garfield is happening; I would put Renner, McAvoy, and Pattinson before him :lol: 

I sure hope not, looks like the worst movie ever. But he was awful in Hacksaw Ridge and they gave him a nom, and this is some baity shit. No way McAvoy or Renner gets in. I forgot about Patz, I could see it.

I'm rooting for Franco, Kayuula, Blige, and Mitchell. And Ronan/McDormand but they're already frontrunners anyway.

• Like 1

i thought the guy who played jason mitchell's dad was better than mitchell. he was my favourite performance in that movie. i know no shot since no ones rolling out a campaign for him but that guy ruled. plus i thought carey mulligan was better than blige. i guess they're both supporting.

• Like 1

I'm rooting for Mitchell in part because I think he got robbed for Straight Outta Compton. And I just love Mary in that movie and as an artist, nothing to front on there. Mudbound should get serious SAG  ensemble consideration in general. Considering they gave it to Elba for a Netflix movie, not ruling it out.