grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2016 Countdown. Reveal complete. Master list in first post.

3 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

I haven't seen either (horror ain't my jam) but I keep confusing Don't Breathe with Lights Out. 

I think a lot of the title confusion, at least for me anyway, comes from the fact that they were only released a few months between each other. 

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

eh, i saw it low on a few lists. even with all the acclaim BOT isn't exactly the demographic that can relate to it. not surprised.

The entire world didn't relate to Moonlight by the way.

Spoiler

The Jungle Book

Acwox8t.jpg

HSrBLtR.png

One of 2016’s surprise hits for sure. Everyone expected it to be big, no one thought it would challenge the 1B mark. A complete breakthrough in terms of 3D, VFX and Motion Capture, Jungle Book also told a story everyone knows in a completely new way while keeping the appeal of the story intact. It was anchored by a great performance and some really good vocal performances as well. Pretty much a lock for Best Visual Effects Oscar as well.

User reviews:

Finally got around to see The Jungle Book. It's very apparent that Disney is in the middle of another renaissance. The film hits all the right nostalgic notes while appealing to modern sensibilities. The FX were top-notch, the writing sharp (especially for Shere-Khan) and there was a healthy balance of humor and drama. The Jungle Book is a keeper!

A

-Lilmac

Incredibly moving film.  This is right up there with ET as the best live action (so to speak) kids film I've ever seen.  The voice acting was incredible.  Idris Elba is one scary dude and Bill Murry, Ben Kingsley and Nyong'o were outstanding.  Walken must of had a blast doing this as well.  It had serious moments of tension and some shocking moments like when Shere Khan kills the wolf.  I was horrified at that part.  Basically from start to finish, I was hooked.  The water truce was incredibly well done and the elephants were awesome and the kid is outstanding.  I absolutely adore the film.

10/10

-Baumer

• Like 21

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

TRIGGERED

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Not a horror movie person. The one genre I can just never gel with.

It's like we're on the same wavelength. I found a lot of them well made for what they are, but it's not something I actively seek out or excited about.

For me, horror just always have that feel to them that's...cheap (which most of them are budget-wise, but that's not the only aspect I refer to)

• Like 3

141 to 165

141 High rise
142 Folk Hero and Funny Guy
143 How To Be Single
144 Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
145 Love and Friendship
146 The Boss
147 Nerve
148 Other People
149 Shallows
150 The Infiltrator
151 The Little Prince
152 The Purge: Election Year
153 Those People
154 Weiner-Dog
155 Keanu
156 Alice Through the Looking Glass
157 Allegiant
158 Angry Birds
159 Anthropoid
160 Jane Got a Gun
161 Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
162 Elvis & Nixon
163 Equals
164 Fan
165 Fire at Sea
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, Sam said:

It's like we're on the same wavelength. I found a lot of them well made for what they are, but it's not something I actively seek out or excited about.

For me, horror just always have that feel to them that's...cheap (which most of them are budget-wise, but that's not the only aspect I refer to)

It's just hard to make something truly scary, so a lot of the films fall onto tropes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam said:

This is good. Yesterday I felt like...

We were having a crisis of faith

• Like 2