aabattery

Widows | 16th Nov, 2018 | Steve McQueen directs, Viola Davis, Elizabeth Debicki, Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Erivo to star as the widows | #FeaturesFarrell

WOM is just awful on all social media platforms:

Im not even cherrypicking. These are all recent posts by people about widows.(within last 1-2 hours) I obviously am not going to peruse the entire twitterverse. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

^ first three I saw were'nt positive though.

Typical....

Thats from nov. 9th. I just looked under latest tweets about it. Im not saying that there's not going to be ANY negative reviews. every movie has people that dislike it. but it seems there more positive than negative reviews on it.

1 minute ago, YLF said:

Thats from nov. 9th. I just looked under latest tweets about it. Im not saying that there's not going to be ANY negative reviews. every movie has people that dislike it. but it seems there more positive than negative reviews on it.

Yes, I was looking at the top posts, rather than the latest.

The critics seem absolutely enthused, the public is a bit more mixed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Black director/lead on IMDB....

That 5.5% of 1/10 is a bit suspect, really some real viewer thought that Widows was one of the worst movies ever made ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Black director/lead on IMDB....

That 5.5% of 1/10 is a bit suspect, really some real viewer thought that Widows was one of the worst movies ever made ?

Comments so far are not political at all. Mostly found the movie boring and those who loved the show thought this was not it. They all praise acting but say that's not enough. 

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Comments so far are not political at all. Mostly found the movie boring and those who loved the show thought this was not it. They all praise acting but say that's not enough. 

We see only the comments of 2 of the 155 1/10 score and the US were the movie is yet to release has 12.3% 1/10 reviews versus 2.9% for non-US users (for those IMDB know the place they come from)

That really does not look like a normal law distribution or a normal movie distribution:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4218572/ratings?demo=us_users

When the movie will hit the screen with real audience, you will see that percentage of 1/10 score go down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mldardy said:

WOM is not the most powerful form of advertising.

People have computers, cell phones, TV, radios. Those are more powerful than WOM.

WOM is the most powerful form of advertising, it turns movies like Avatar into giants, or lower budget drama into leggy hits. Its literally one of the first things you learn in film/media studies. Not that it's not glaringly obvious anyway. 

3 hours ago, mldardy said:

Edited by Jessie