FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

1 minute ago, Olive said:

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE failed to impress Chinese moviegoers, opening with just ¥25M ($3.6M) this weekend.

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER earned est. ¥117 ($17.1M) this wknd, -82% from its opening weekend. China's total is now ¥951 ($138.5M).

A DOG'S PURPOSE opened with est. ¥120M ($17.4M) this weekend. WOM blowing up, chance of ¥500M (~$70M).

LOGAN debuted in China with est. ¥338M ($49.0M) this weekend in 1st place (X-Men Apocalypse - ¥386M opening weekend)

That looks good for Logan, no? Any word on the WOM?

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

There isn't a fatigue but success of R rated SH movies may indicate that part of the SH  audience wants a change from the usual family friendly stuff (both Marvel and DC). I'm glad that Deadpool, that actually brought something new to the table, is much bigger hit than Doctor Strange, which didn't. I hope Logan beats recent X Men movies cause they didn't bring anything new to the table either.

Alternative is good for all. SH shouldn't be only R or only PG-13, it's better with both.

You could argue that Logan's success is because adults find the mature approach refreshing but GotG2, Spider-man, Thor 3, and Justice League could all make over 850 m.

Clearly, people don't want change as much as they want variety.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Olive said:

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE failed to impress Chinese moviegoers, opening with just ¥25M ($3.6M) this weekend.

RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER earned est. ¥117 ($17.1M) this wknd, -82% from its opening weekend. China's total is now ¥951 ($138.5M).

A DOG'S PURPOSE opened with est. ¥120M ($17.4M) this weekend. WOM blowing up, chance of ¥500M (~$70M).

LOGAN debuted in China with est. ¥338M ($49.0M) this weekend in 1st place (X-Men Apocalypse - ¥386M opening weekend)

kZrV09y.gif

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You could argue that Logan's success is because adults find the mature approach refreshing but GotG2, Spider-man, Thor 3, and Justice League could all make over 850 m.

And as long as there's something for those that prefer either one then I think the genre will be fine. As someone who enjoys both types of movies I say let more of each keep coming. 

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

My bad, that's what I really meant. Variety, not just one or the other. 

• Like 1