franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've got a solution that will satisfy everyone: rehire james gunn, cast roseanne as the villain.

Roseanne winning the Real Oscar for GOTG 3 may be the only thing that could save the Oscar ratings. :Venom:

Anyway, it's a good strategy that over-saturation with this old news is gonna result in complete indifference on all sides when he gets rehired. I guess exhausting fans with roller-coaster til they stop carrying is what they are trying to do? :lol:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

Either way, hats off to BOT's favorite scooper Manabyte for being the first to report about this. His scoop landed earlier than Deadline's. Posted this morning:

According to MCU Cosmic's Jeremy Conrad, the Marvel Studios President is "fighting on the inside" for"Gunn's vision" to remain part of the threequel and that's he's actually "livid" about the firing.

Edited by Valonqar

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, this whole thing is really getting out of control. It never ends...:(

The worst part is that when I saw that headline, I at first assumed that he was actually caught attending a NAMBLA meeting, or that he was having one of those Bryan Singer parties, but when I saw that it was just some dumb costume party with a bunch of other adults, I immediately facepalmed hard. Are these fuckers really this bitter over Roseanne getting fired? 

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

12 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, this whole thing is really getting out of control. It never ends...:(

I said it once here before: he didn’t get fired for those tweets, he got fired because Disney knew something we didn’t and cut him off before more damage was done.

This shit will not be the last thing to come out about Gunn.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, AJG said:

I said it once here before: he didn’t get fired for those tweets, he got fired because Disney knew something we didn’t and cut him off before more damage was done.

This shit will not be the last thing to come out about Gunn.

Those pictures don’t seem anymore damning than the tweets. If anything, they’re actually pretty mild in comparison. 

This had me thinking, when does one draw the line with what bad stuff is being said online though? Is saying racial stuff online less worse than saying pedophilia stuff online or vice versa. How do we quantify out of the various foul categories what is acceptable to be said and what is not though? From what I'm seeing online is that people who are lining up with pitch forks and torches to execute Roseanne for what she said online are now in defense of what Gunn has said online despite what both of them said are equally as bad. I think this thing all comes down to being agenda driven and has nothing to do with morals, it's whoever side you are on you will defend that individual regardless of what they've said even if it makes them hypocrites in the end. 

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

This had me thinking, when does one draw the line with what bad stuff is being said online though? Is saying racial stuff online less worse than saying pedophilia stuff online or vice versa. How do we quantify out of the various foul categories what is acceptable to be said and what is not though? From what I'm seeing online is that people who are lining up with pitch forks and torches to execute Roseanne for what she said online are now in defense of what Gunn has said online despite what both of them said are equally as bad. I think this thing all comes down to being agenda driven and has nothing to do with morals, it's whoever side you are on you will defend that individual regardless of what they've said even if it makes them hypocrites in the end. 

The argument would seem to be that James Gunn’s sense of humor was in the past, and he has indicated being a different person now, whereas Roseanne’s tweet  was posted mere hours before she got fired. That’s on top of the fact that Roseanne Narr regularly promotes dangerous conspiracy theories like Pizzagate (which, in case anyone didn’t know, nearly got the owner of a pizza joint killed). 

• Like 1

Saying pedophilia stuff online is way too broad of a term to say that it is bad to do. Same for racial stuff.

It need to actually be bad with arguments. A racial joke is not the same as a racist one.

A pedophilia joke is not the same as a pro pedophilia comments.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Those pictures don’t seem anymore damning than the tweets. If anything, they’re actually pretty mild in comparison. 

The tweets were stupid jokes.

Going to a pedophillia themed party is just blizarre. How would you even explain that to people?

Just now, WittyUsername said:

The argument would seem to be that James Gunn’s sense of humor was in the past, and he has indicated being a different person now, whereas Roseanne’s tweet  was posted mere hours before she got fired. That’s on top of the fact that Roseanne Narr regularly promotes dangerous conspiracy theories like Pizzagate (which, in case anyone didn’t know, nearly got the owner of a pizza joint killed). 

That still is wrong though whether it is in the past or not. And again it brings up my point yet again because the #metoo movement is also bringing up stuff in the past which happened 20+ years ago and people are being persecuted for it as if it happened in present day. Not to mention the issues with Trump which happened in the past "p grabber", paying off prostitutes etc.. which also happened in the past yet he is also being persecuted today for it as well. I don't really want to bring all this politics into this discussion but I'm just using this to highlight the gross hypocrisy and double standards which exists amongst those people who try to take the moral high ground on these issues then immediately do a 360 once it's someone they support. It's all agenda driven IMO and it's either all of it is bad or none of it is. There is no selective bias which should take place here which seems to be happening alot in the USA. 

1 minute ago, AJG said:

The tweets were stupid jokes.

Going to a pedophillia themed party is just blizarre. How would you even explain that to people?

It is a party with the theme of a tv show:

the theme of the party was “To Catch a Predator,” which is the title of a popular NBC investigative series that ran from 2004-2008. Using hidden cameras, the show would catch alleged sexual predators who had arranged to have sex with children as young as 12.

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

And again it brings up my point yet again because the #metoo movement is also bringing up stuff in the past which happened 20+ years ago and people are being persecuted for it as if it happened in present day.

Yes stuff, something that is way different than jokes no one were reading and made no victims.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

the theme of the party was “To Catch a Predator,” which is the title of a popular NBC investigative series that ran from 2004-2008. Using hidden cameras, the show would catch alleged sexual predators who had arranged to have sex with children as young as 12.

That makes no difference.

That is a weird fucking thing to do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Yes stuff, something that is way different than jokes no one were reading and made no victims.

But that's what I'm saying it should all be bad regardless if it's jokes or action. The #metoo thing might be an extreme example but I used it to bring up the point that stuff done or said in the past by people should also be held responsible. There are plenty other examples where people made jokes or said something in the past that is derogatory towards someone or just morally wrong and are called out by people for it whereas others doing the same thing aren't by those same people and that seems to be the case here. It is turning into an agenda driven society where hypocrissy and double standards run rampant.