franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

IMO the lackluster pre-sales are just a symptom of wrong place at the wrong time, I know Marvel fired Gunn and then rehired him, but there should not have been a 6-year gap between Guardians 2 and 3.  if this had been released before the disney+ shows oversaturated the market and quantumania pissed in the MCU goodwill pool I think it could have passed GOTG 2

Edited by cooldude97

12 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

IMO the lackluster pre-sales are just a symptom of wrong place at the wrong time, I know Marvel fired Gunn and then rehired him, but there should not have been a 6-year gap between Guardians 2 and 3.  if this had been released before the disney+ shows oversaturated the market and quantumania pissed in the MCU goodwill pool I think it could have passed GOTG 2

so u forgot covid happened 

• Knock It Off 1

On 4/22/2023 at 1:48 AM, scytheavatar said:

They fucked up the plan the moment they decided it was a good idea to have the next Thanos get into a fistfight with the weakest superhero in the MCU........... let's not pretend Marvel is doing a great job getting people excited about their "bigger plan".

A guy who can grow to the size of a skyscraper isn’t exactly the weakest super hero.

8 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

Covid situation ? And is another world for Marvel 2 years ago in terms of quality and hype.

Edited by fabiopazzo2

14 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

IF this is true...ummm...this isn't what Marvel has been selling in its marketing campaign. 

Again, IF this is true...it should make for some interesting audience reactions - maybe this is why they are doing the free screenings.  Get fans used to a tone not seen so far in the trilogy and not seen in the marketing...so, they don't get expectations going into the film out of whack...

I don't know,  judging from the trailer it looked to me like there is a more serious tone to it especially with Rocket. 

Well the serious tone could work out. I mean look at how much audience enjoyed Black Panther and WF. Even the awards industry. The problem with guardians is the trailers. They have been to chi heavy and goofy. After Ant Man and Thor people are sick of that. I think this movie could have a good legs. However, the opening is definitely going to suffer due to the marketing making it look goofy.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

And again we wonder why the forum doesn't attract many new members. 😂 It was really different many years back. I've just realized, comic book movies weren't very big then and toxic fandoms were almost non-existent.

It's because the unrealistic expectations the fans have for these movies are not supported by evidence. And when evidence is brought that is contrary to their expectations, they start becoming toxic(like the daredevil pfp guy). They want to live in fantasy land where all these marvel movies make billions of dollars and are considered the pinnacle of cinema.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, elzorro said:

It's because the unrealistic expectations the fans have for these movies are not supported by evidence. And when evidence is brought that is contrary to their expectations, they start becoming toxic(like the daredevil pfp guy). They want to live in fantasy land where all these marvel movies make billions of dollars and are considered the pinnacle of cinema.

Isn't the whole reason people on this board consider this movie a bomb in the making specifically because its not tracking to make "billions of dollars"? 

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Isn't the whole reason people on this board consider this movie a bomb in the making specifically because its not tracking to make "billions of dollars"? 

I’m sorry but out of curiosity, did you have this same energy for JL? Not saying Guardians will be as bad or even do as less but if Guardians did the same amount how would you react?

17 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Nope. They are saying it will not perform well in comparison to the mcu's previous track record(specifically the previous two movies in the trilogy). That is not an attack on the mcu as you believe. It's just what the numbers say. And the numbers are very reliable. 

7 minutes ago, YM! said:

I’m sorry but out of curiosity, did you have this same energy for JL? Not saying Guardians will be as bad or even do as less but if Guardians did the same amount how would you react?

Not even close to the same situation. JL changed directors months before release.

37 minutes ago, exomassey said:

The ticket sales for this…jeez.

Just hope the film is good and strong WOM help it’s in the following weeks.

The MCU is just in a bad place atm. Not really getting people excited for the future.

Hopefully a good movie can help mends thing for the future outlook, even if it doesn´t help the box office to the impact that is needed.