Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

47 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Why would anyone think that this movie would have the male demo coming out in droves? We may be open-minded cinephiles here who could give two shits about gender-based social constructs, but the GA is just normal people raised in a normal culture characterized by, among many other things, traditional ideas and notions. There is no way in heck that a princess movie musical  romance in which its two most iconic images are a magic rose and a yellow ball gown is going to attract droves of males. 

Nostalgia maybe? But I agree with you, I thought the same thing but some here have suggested differently. I always thought that a 180-200M OW was extremely unlikely without that crowd.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

LOL are we really pitting Valerian vs. Geostorm? Both are gonna bomb big time so whoever wins, still loses.

Welcome to BOT.  Where logic doesn't just get thrown out the window, it gets run over and trampled to death by a riot.

• Like 3

Geostorm looks awesome. As long it plays more like 2012 / San Andreas than Into the storm it will be fine!

as for Valerian. The jury is still out for me. I'm normally down for films like this. Love sci-fi / fantasy. But still on the fence. JA or even golden compass numbers are very possible. But so is the lower end of the hobbit films. 

• Like 4

Just now, That One Guy said:

Welcome to BOT.  Where logic doesn't just get thrown out the window, it gets run over and trampled to death by a riot.

Thats half the fun. F*ck in my euphoria of my recent promotion I am seriously thinking of reaching to Leo DiCaprio and ask if hes done f*cking supermodel to come join our project.

• Like 6

Nerd information that probably only interests me.

Valerian is that very rare film where Weta Digital & ILM worked as main VFX houses on the same movie.

Last famous example of that happening was Avatar but here it was different, ILM was asked to do render the final act of Avatar because Weta didn't have the time and ressources to finish the film.

On Valerian, ILM s involvement was always scheduled.

But from what I know, Valerian s designs were made at Weta's.

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I would be excited for Valerian if they hadn't picked 2 of the least talented and most unlikable actors you could find.  

Untalented???? 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Just kidding

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JJ-8 said:

Geostorm looks awesome. As long it plays more like 2012 / San Andreas than Into the storm it will be fine!

Geostorm was shot in October of 2014 and has been delayed 4 times.  It is a mess and is going to be terrible.  

• Like 7