Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@Bishop54 and @Cookson can't we agree that the Monsterverse will continue to be successful regardless but we should be conservative about new solo movies with the likes of Rodan and Battra.

We can't agree it will continue to be successful because we only have one films full run under our belts, we're only a week into Kongs run. It's a wait and see process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bishop54 said:

Yet the  [non-fans] would like you to believe that the WOM is mixed.

Word of mouth among staunch BATB fans/Emma fanboys who go on previews and OW is excellent because they are staunch BATB/Emma fans. We all know Cinemascore (especially for these huge properties with a built-in preexisting fanbase) generally has no bearing on the actual WOM that will determine legs and GA acceptance.

Edited by MrMarosa

3 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Word of mouth among staunch BATB fans/Emma fanboys who go on previews and OW is excellent because they are staunch BATB/Emma fans. We all know Cinemascore (especially for these huge properties with a built-in preexisting fanbase) generally has no bearing on the actual WOM that will determine legs and GA acceptance.

RT audience score is at 85%, that's excellent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

I am just thankful that the MonsterVerse actually exists. To see all of the Kaijus with Hollywood-level effects is a dream come true.

King Ghidorah with Hollywood-level effects will put Smaug to shame.

Hope the series sticks around long enough to give us MechaGodzilla.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

RT audience score is at 85%, that's excellent.

Still there is no 100% foolproof way of knowing *one day* after any movie opening that it's wors of mouth is good or bad. Heck, seems like every week it takes less and less time after the very first showtime for people to declare ”WOM is out of thos world!!" Come on. WOM is a phenomenon that spreads among unbiased regular joe and janes, not among the typical person that will even know what Flixter and RT is ans will know how to prop it up or down.

Edited by MrMarosa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I am just thankful that the MonsterVerse actually exists. To see all of the Kaijus with Hollywood-level effects is a dream come true.

For sure. I never expected Kong to get pulled in it, but I guess for a MonsterVerse to exist, it has to be mainly about Kong and Godzilla. Though you'll never know how a Rodan film would do till you try it. A Power rangers 120m budget that makes 75m Dom and 200m OS would probably be decent enough for that. Hell, it might even take off in China... Just don't know there.

While the domestic run for Kong is just OK, it was always going to be the overseas that saved it. China might have been a little over predicted, but it's still going to be big there.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMarosa said:

Of all the fandoms to start feuds, BATB versus Monsterverse is an odd pairing. Lol

It's not me! I promise. I knew BatB would be huge.

Though, Godzilla 2 better hope that's not The Lion King in that untitled March 2019 slot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

When can we expect an update from DHD/Rth?

@EmpireCity might come along in about an hour. If not we wait for official studio estimates in about 2 hours.