Plain Old Tele

BOT: The Revisiting! The Top 25 of 2007 -- It's done! Best Film of 2007 has been revealed!

4 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

Ultimatum isn't top 5 worthy at all honestly.

usually if someone's on the elitist asshole train i'm the first one to jump on the seat next to them but bourne was my #4 so nah.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

usually if someone's on the elitist asshole train i'm the first one to jump on the seat next to them but bourne was my #4 so nah.

I think I had it at #9 - 11, it's a really good movie.  Just not one of my favs of the year.

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

17. Transformers

starring Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox

written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman, story by John Rogers and Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman

directed by Michael Bay

IMDB synopsis: An ancient struggle between two Cybertronian races, the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons, comes to Earth, with a clue to the ultimate power held by a teenager.

What is there to say? This is — by most accounts — the best of the franchise, and it’s something you either love or hate. Producers Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto originally developed the property. When Spielberg signed on as an executive producer, he suggested the focus should be “a boy and his car”. Screenwriters Orci and Kurtzman, who were big fans of the cartoons, liked this idea. Bay initially turned down the offer to direct, because he felt it was “a stupid toy movie”. But he wanted to work with Spielberg and was convinced to come on board after a visit to Hasbro.

Tomatometer: 57%

Random critic comment: “What keeps Transformers watchable is LaBeouf and the computerized effects, which are often startling. When Sam's Camaro muscles up into the Bumblebee bot, it's like watching every boy's fantasy of his first pair of wheels.” — Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor

Random RTM comment: “I love this so much. It is probably a crime to love a movie like this so much like I do. Why are the sequels so inferior to this?” — CJohn

Surprised this is so low.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Transformers was a game changer in Hollywood.

There is a before and an after.

Trump was a game changer too.  Game changer doesn't mean that it's a good thing.