FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

3 minutes ago, Harley said:

My nephews would love PR. No doubt. I can't help that Lionsgate has been here before. It feels they are desperate for a new franchise. This feels like Divergent redux. If PR only make 250m WW why bother trying to make this a franchise?

Yeah,just doesn't make sense. Unless they sure it will do extremely well over seases and possibly banking on doing well Blu-ray wise. Much like Picture Perfect and Pacfic Rim did. This is coming from a PR fan. So I would love for to be a franchise. Just seems unlikely.

Keep in mind, that Beauty and the Beast kept an incredible 81% of its first monday number on thursday. We couldn't expect a huge jump from here. If it could somehow crawl to $23m on Friday, that would be right around Cinderellas jump. That one also had great weekday numbers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW3LbpT94mtUG1PZIIzJN

Only five movies out of hundreds have surpassed 65m. My point stands.

still unlikely, esp. for a movie w/o the appeal of the aforementioned films.

Edited by franfar

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Only five movies out of hundreds have surpassed 65m. My point stands.

However now more films have been breaking out at different months not just Summer or November/December.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

No, but August could be big given the right movies.

You said this:

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I now but a barren August really helps.

Specifically about PR.

You said this:

Specifically about PR.

It might help legs, but the OW would be around the same. And it is not like PR faces a lot of competition until FF8 here lol.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Momo said:

It's typical Saban ego. He basicly jinxed it with that comment.

There is something else from that Variety article I wanted to discuss:

“I think Disney never really got its arms around the value of the franchise.”

What is Bob Iger and the rest of Disney thinking this weekend?  I know "Beauty and the Beast" is huge at the box office, and I am doubtful he regrets selling the Power Rangers rights.  There were rumors long ago that Disney wanted to create a Power Rangers animated series, but Toei, the Japanese company that co-owns Power Rangers told them no.  I've noticed that Haim Saban usually tries to not mention Toei when discussing Power Rangers.

You said this:

Specifically about PR.

Admittedly I do think PR may have had a better OW and run in August. I'm seeing it in a few minutes with my school friends.