FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

$40 million would be a really solid opening for Power Rangers. The advertising was pretty ho-hum and the original movies never had the level of success that the live action Ninja Turtles flicks did, so it was never going to touch the 2014 Turtles's numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, franfar said:

Too many kids would be starting school for a 65m opening

One could've said the same for March, February, and August releases like Kong, Lego Franchise, Suicide Squad, GOTG1, and TMNT.

1 minute ago, alisson23 said:

Yeah, but it needs to do $100M+ OW to be considered a success here.

Excatly considering the budget rumored to be 100-120 million. I can only guess their banking on it doing well overseas,but with Russia making it rated R now and only Hong Kong playing it in China. Even that is remote.

4 minutes ago, Momo said:

Lionsgate had to know BATB would be a monster.

Not among the nerds/boys audience of Power Rangers thought no ? Must I felt as a good counter programming second weekend option at one point.

6 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

everything i said about power rangers has happened, you still deny me

You also said:

Ant Man under $150M domestic

Fan4tastic would do $60M OW even with the reviews it's got.

Strange having a 3.7x multiple for domestic

Kong would do $40M-$45M OW hoping for it to bomb.

Beast would do $130M at most OW and fall like a rock then did a 180 and said it'd do less than $150M OW

No one is perfect at predicting so kudos to you if PR does over $50M OW.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You also said:

Ant Man under $150M domestic

Fan4tastic would do $60M OW even with the reviews it's got.

Strange having a 3.7x multiple for domestic

Kong would do $40M-$45M OW hoping for it to bomb.

Beast would do $130M at most OW and fall like a rock then did a 180 and said it'd do less than $150M OW

No one is perfect at predicting so kudos to you if PR does over $50M OW.

Starting to think he likes annoying everyone. lol But like you said if he right. More power to him.

My nephews would love PR. No doubt. I can't help think that Lionsgate has been here before. It feels they are desperate for a new franchise. This feels like Divergent redux. If PR only make 250m WW why bother trying to make this a franchise?

Edited by Harley

3 minutes ago, Harley said:

My nephews would love PR. No doubt. I can't help that Lionsgate has been here before. It feels they are desperate for a new franchise. This feels like Divergent redux. If PR only make 250m WW why bother trying to make this a franchise?

Because its Lionsgate and they never learn. I'm sure PR3 is being split into two films as we speak. 

Edited by Frozen

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

40m would be impressive for me considering I thought nobody cared about PR in any way 

They have a decent online fanbase. 40 is a good number though. Depends on OS though. 

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

Becayse its Lionsgate and they never learn. I'm sure PR3 is being split into two films as we speak. 

You meant PR6? Because they have a 6 movie arc planned!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

$40 million would be a really solid opening for Power Rangers. The advertising was pretty ho-hum and the original movies never had the level of success that the live action Ninja Turtles flicks did, so it was never going to touch the 2014 Turtles's numbers.

Yeah. Turtles was way more popular than Rangers. People forgot that 

• Like 1