FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

26 minutes ago, baumer said:

Just watch the spoilers everyone. I know nobody has mentioned anything about anything of the plot of life but just please be careful.

Spoiler

We're born, we grow old and we die.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

At this point I am just hoping Life does 110-130M OS. Star power matters more in Europe so Reynolds and Gyllenhaal should help it.

How is it doing in Portugal? 

I hear you guys have better taste in movies anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

How is it doing in Portugal? 

It doesn't matter, we are small. I talked about all of Europe.

Spoiler

(star power still matters here so it was 2nd yesterday, behind BatB)

(I won't answer the part of this post I deleted, because it is bait)

Whew - the one thing that I see with those early projections is that at least we weren't crazy (some of us) to expect a less than 100m 2nd weekend.

a rise of 110% nets BATB 23m - think thats as high as it can go at this point which makes 90m the high end.

23m

36.9 (+60%)

24.02 (-35%)

= 84m Weekend

• Like 1

Presuming the Deadline Friday projections are correct, then I think Beauty would be looking at a $77-80 million weekend (a 54-56% drop), and Power Rangers is looking at around $35 million for the weekend, basically in line with where tracking had it.

Of course, it's still early, and Deadline could be off.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

Weekend Box Office: 'Power Rangers' Impressing on Friday But 'Beauty' Still a Beast

Me: (gets ready for a $16M Friday # from THR)
THR: Power Rangers, from Saban and Lionsgate, is projected to gross $13.5 million or more on Friday, including a healthy $3.6 million in Thursday night previews. 

:depp:

• Like 1

Lol, THR printed their source/email for the numbers 

I took a screen shot before they deleted it:

"Power Rangers looks like 14.0m (including 3.6 from Thursday night shows) today and 40.0 for the weekend
Life looks like 5.0m (including 800k from Thursday night shows) today and 14.0m for the weekend
Chips looks like 2.5.0m (including 500k from Thursday night shows) today and 7.0m for the weekend"

They had that randomly shoved in their article between Life and Chips. 

• Like 2