FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Like honestly how the fuck do you react

to a Kanye song in the climax.  Like I was "okay, Rita's doing bad shit, Krispy Kreme, gotcha" then I heard Power come on and my dick suddenly just got bigger and

I was this close to furiously masturbating while reveling in the glorious mess of it all.

Spoiler

Guessing you climaxed during the mid credit scene.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cookson said:

The funny thing is Dogora is canon within the anime continuity (not the Dogora movie, just the monster). They released "timeline of events" and Dogora was there.

I saw that. It was cool! Dogora has shown up in a few Godzilla games, but the self-titled film remains the creatures only appearance in live-action film.

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

Moderation:

Jesus Christ, you guys, what don't you understand about "no spoilers"? You didn't even bother to tag them -- let alone the fact they're not supposed to be in this thread at all. 

Hold on one second since I didn't think these were spoilers.  Editing a few posts.

13 minutes ago, Xillix said:

But yeah. I was unaware the Super Sentai "movies" did as well as they did in Japan. If a glorified TV episode can make $10 million in Japanese theatres then I wouldn't be surprised if the actual Power Rangers movie does pretty well there.

For now, I'd be very surprised if it does more than $20 million. I might adjust my expectations higher if Ghost in the Shell does better than expected. Japan is a pretty fickle market, and often times movies I'd expect to do really well there end up disappointing. Pacific Rim for example (which was nearly double Power Rangers' budget). Everything about that seemed catered to Japanese tastes (mechas, kaiju, etc), yet it only grossed $14.5 million there.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

My favorite part was how Krispy Kreme plays an actually important role in the film.  Not a fucking exaggeration.

I know, right? Marketing deals, their power.

People on Power Rangers forums remain convinced merchandise and video sales will save the movie's sequel prospects. They've had the foreign pre-sales financing model and the resulting importance of OS numbers explained to them but either don't get it or are being willfully ignorant. :/

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

People on Power Rangers forums remain convinced merchandise and video sales will save the movie's sequel prospects. They've had the foreign pre-sales financing model and the resulting importance of OS numbers explained to them but either don't get it or are being willfully ignorant. :/

Wishful thinking on their part. Like any other fandom that has bad results at the box office.

I have an incredibly stupid question. Foreign distributors for Power Rangers won't be getting money from toy/merch sales, right? I see no reason why they would but someone has actually made that claim now.

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I have an incredibly stupid question. Foreign distributors for Power Rangers won't be getting money from toy/merch sales, right? I see no reason why they would but someone has actually made that claim now.

Doesn't Bandai make the toys.