kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | current gross: $67,826,648

DeNiro is about 15-20 years too old for the role he is playing. I always envisioned someone like Michael Keaton while reading the book. Ditto Leo and his character if the rumors are true. Then again, never doubt Marty. I had a post in the Irishman topic saying "Do we really need another Marty gangster movie like this?" Turns out....yes!!

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, Cmasterclay said:

DeNiro is about 15-20 years too old for the role he is playing. I always envisioned someone like Michael Keaton while reading the book. 

Funny enough, Michael Keaton's also way too old for the role he's playing in Trial of the Chicago 7

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Apple isn't shutting doesn their streaming service. It's going to be a relatively big part of their Apple ecosystem like Amazon Prime Video is for Amazon.

Well, let's wait and see. Sooner or later when new streaming services stop giving away subscriptions for free and up their prices to where Netflix is there's gonna be a reckoning and some will fall. I just think it will be funny if Apple funds this giant risky production and doesn't have a streaming service to show it by the time it's finished.

3 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Well, let's wait and see. Sooner or later when new streaming services stop giving away subscriptions for free and up their prices to where Netflix is there's gonna be a reckoning and some will fall. I just think it will be funny if Apple funds this giant risky production and doesn't have a streaming service to show it by the time it's finished.

It'll will get a lot of subs through the Apple One bundle. Apple TV+ isn't supposed to just be its own seperate thing but a service specifically for pre-existing Apple users to use and to keep them engaged in the Apple ecosystem. It's kinda like how Amazon Prime Video is a part of Amazon Prime (which is how Amazon Prime Video has so many subs eventhough not very many people actually use). 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:18 PM, lorddemaxus said:

It's always great to see a director like Scorsese talk about their vulnerabilities like this. Can't believe that there are a lot of people who don't like this man.

On the other hand -- if he doesn't have a clear vision coming through for this, I would argue that he shouldn't do it.  

But Lily Gladstone's attachment is nice to hear -- she's great and it's good to see her getting cast in something high-profile.  Respect to our Native American cultures!   

• Like 1