kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $68,026,901

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I want this movie to be great so bad because Scorsese is overdue for his 2nd Oscar. He could try getting a Director or Screenwriters win this round.

Irony is when Scorsese finally won ,it was for a movie that , though a good movie, is not  his best work. It was sort of a makeup Oscar. He should have won  at least twice before: In 1981 for "Raging Bull" and in 1990 for "Goodfellows".  COnsensus is they were both better movies then the ones that won..  ("Ordianty People" and "Dances With Wolves"0 Both good movies but not as good as Scorsese's.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:54 PM, dudalb said:

Irony is when Scorsese finally won ,it was for a movie that , though a good movie, is not  his best work. It was sort of a makeup Oscar. He should have won  at least twice before: In 1981 for "Raging Bull" and in 1990 for "Goodfellows".  COnsensus is they were both better movies then the ones that won..  ("Ordianty People" and "Dances With Wolves"0 Both good movies but not as good as Scorsese's.

"Goodfellows" is what Peaky Blinders should've been called.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Thelma ain't playin'

HUH? NO BRENDAN?

You've got the guy who just won the Academy Award for Best Actor in your (supposedly) Oscar-competing movie, and you decide to cut his performance? Not sure if this was done for the sake of the runtime or what, but that is really disappointing.

• Like 1

FWIW filming for this began in April of 2021 and both Fraser and Lithgow were announced as part of the cast in August of that same year. I'm guessing they're still in the movie (especially if it's 4 hours long, lol they might as well have an intermission and provide catering to the audience at that point), but their roles are basically very small cameos.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 7:39 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Four hours and it's Leo and Lily Gladstone sitting at that table the whole time... Maybe they'll reveal a second production still for the Cannes premiere.

Brendan cut from this, Batgirl git shelved: at least he won Best Actor.

I love Marty, but having read the book it is adapted from, I don't get why this would take four hours to tell.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I love Marty, but having read the book it is adapted from, I don't get why this would take four hours to tell.

it´s 3 hours and 20, still lenghty but you know, acceptable

i don´t know why media decided to treat this as 4 hours

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

it´s 3 hours and 20, still lenghty but you know, acceptable

i don´t know why media decided to treat this as 4 hours

A lot of the discourse on "three hour movies" is about movies that are 2:30, even 2:20 is too much for people these days, so that tracks.

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Infernal Affairs took place over a longer timeframe and the Vera Farmiga character was three different women in the original, and it's still 50 minutes shorter than The Departed. You're not really going to Scorsese these days for brevity...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

Martin Scorsese Set For CinemaCon’s Legend Of Cinema Award Ahead Of ‘Killers Of The Flower Moon’ Cannes World Premiere

Deadline has learned that Oscar winning filmmaker Martin Scorsese will be making an appearance at CinemaCon this year to receive the Legend of Cinema Award. The honor will happen during a sitdown lunch discussion with Scorsese following Paramount Pictures’ Thursday morning presentation on April 27.

It’s very timely as Scorsese in mid-May will have the world premiere of his Apple Original Studios and Paramount title Killers of the Flower of Moon at the Cannes Film Festival on Saturday, May 20 in the Grand Théâtre Lumière.

We hear that the CinemaCon lunch will be a retrospective of Scorsese’s career. It would not be shocking if we get a glimpse of Killers of the Flower Moon.