grim22

Sing 2 | December 22, 2021

https://deadline.com/2020/05/animated-movies-coronavirus-production-tom-and-jerry-spongebob-scoob-skydance-illumination-1202928961/

Illumination’s artists and executives are continuing to work remotely from their Santa Monica, CA HQ and studio Illumination Mac Guff in Paris on all aspects of development, production, and marketing. Already because of the daily collaboration between their Paris and Santa Monica based producers, artists, designers, editors and many others, Illumination has been well prepared because they’ve always working remotely. The studio continues to work on Minions: The Rise of Gru (July 2, 2021) and Sing 2 (set for release on Dec. 22, 2021) along with other projects in active development and production, including two original titles and a new version of Super Mario Bros. with Nintendo. A source close to Illumination described the past two months as an extremely productive, innovative and creative time at the company.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/bono-u2-pharrell-williams-halsey-matthew-mcconaughey-reese-witherspoon-sing-2-illumination-entertainment-animated-film-1234659993/

U2 lead singer Bono, Pharrell Williams and singer Halsey are joining the chorus of Sing 2, as they will voice lead roles in the Illumination Entertainment/Universal sequel to the 2016 hit. Bobby Cannavale, Black Panther’s Letitia Wright, Eric Andre and Chelsea Peretti have also signed to star, joining reprising stars Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Scarlett Johannsson, Taron Egerton, Tori Kelly and Nick Kroll. Pic will be ready for theatrical holiday release a year from now.

• Like 1

Lol. Bono lion quit music cause his wife died is something I expect Illumination not to handle well.

26 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Yeesh. This looks like Secret Life of Pets 2 where it’s just a bunch of random episodes of a TV show all spliced together.

I mean wasn’t that also like the first film. But yeah, I can see a drop but not as harsh. With No Way Home likely being a bigger takeaway from children’s eyeballs than Rouge One was for the original Sing, I expect it not to survive as well. Think it’ll do around 150m-175m domestic.