[*]This episode cemented Betty as my most hated character

[*]Ginsberg?!  What did you do!

[*]Poor Henry, he has his hands full.

[*]I really wanted the Megan/Don marriage to work.  

I give this episode a B. 

Edited by lilmac

I got home a few hours ago and first thing I did was watch the finale and it was completely worth it. Any interpretations on the ending?

Even though Draper job is saved, he's never liked the whole contract thing. I almost took it to mean is that the best things in life are free...including being free. That five year contract is gonna shackle him unless of course he gets fired again. Is Weiner that cruel? Or was it just a nice send off for Bert?

Mad Men: How Much Money Did Each of SC&P’s Partners Make This Week?

If, like Roger says, McCann values Sterling Cooper & Partners at $65 million and buys 51 percent of the company, that would put the total sale price at $33,150,000. With the caveat that math is not our first language, here is our best estimate for how that would be split up.

Joan: We know she owns 5 percent of SC&P, which by Roger's calculation would net her "a little over one and a half million." Or, more specifically, $1,657,500, which in today's dollars is about $10.4 million

Pete: He owns 10 percent of the company, which makes his take $3,315,000 — or about $20.8 million today.

Ted and Jim: According to Pete, Ted owns 20 percent of SC&P, which means Jim probably does, too. So they each made $6,630,000 in the sale. Adjusted for inflation, this is approximately $41.6 million.

Roger, Don, and Bert's estate: Let's assume for our purposes that Roger, Don, and Bert owned equal parts of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce when the firm merged with Cutler, Gleason, and Chaough last season (and that Bert's ownership has not yet been redistributed). That would mean each owns 15 percent of SC&P, which would make their takes $4,972,500 each. Or, in 2014, $31.2 million.

Harry: Since he didn't complete his paperwork in time, he owns a 0 percent stake in SC&P, which makes his share of the sale $0. (Adjusted for inflation: $0.) :rofl:

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

I have been binge watching this show for the last six months, and I finally caught up. MASTERPIECE.

And since I am studying advertising in my University that makes the show even more enjoyable for me.

I hope the show don´t end with Draper comitting suicide, that would be really sad  :(

What a shame this is an AMC show and not an HBO show... The amount of nudity and profanity would be out of this world

• Like 1

This really should have been six seasons. Well written, acted, directed and everything, but it really has dragged, especially after season 4.The final episode of the first half of season 7 was great though.