kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

35 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I could be progressive and appreciate what BP is doing but unlike you I don't see movies through social lenses, exactly like some people loved The Dark Knight because of the social message behind it but I didn't care that much about it.

I judge the importance of a movie through my tastes and nothing else, I don't mix my political views with entertainment (videogames, movies, animes..).

I see both TDK's "no good person" philosophical theme and BP changing how black's view themselves and the global concept of Africa and there is no comparison.

BP's importance is greater in scope, depth, significance, etc by light years.

And ignoring all of that isn't simply a different "lense". It's willful ignorance, point blank.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I see both TDK's "no good person" philosophical theme and BP changing how black's view themselves and the global concept of Africa and there is no comparison.

BP's importance is greater in scope, depth, significance, etc by light years.

And ignoring all of that isn't simply a different "lense". It's willful ignorance, point blank.

Not everything in life is political or ideological.

What BP did for Africa and black people as a whole is great, and as a result the success is deserved.

However, in my opinion Black Panther is a good comicbook movie but not one of my favorites while Frozen is one of my favorites animated movies and gave me much more emotion than BP. As a result I see Frozen as the most important film and the better one as well.

It's not willful ignorance, it's just tastes...It's very simple to understand.

4 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

BP is a really good film, good story, great action and great villain

but people have a different opinion 

More like "okay, but not so original story", "disappointing, generic action" and "good villain" ;) 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Not everything in life is political or ideological.

What BP did for Africa and black people as a whole is great, and as a result the success is deserved.

However, in my opinion Black Panther is a good comicbook movie but not one of my favorites while Frozen is one of my favorites animated movies and gave me much more emotion than BP. As a result I see Frozen as the most important film and the better one as well.

It's not willful ignorance, it's just tastes...It's very simple to understand.

Taste is one thing but ignoring a movies place in history is another.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

IronJimbo (for the last 2 months) -

"Hey everybody, BP isn't even half as big as the biggest movie of all time. My entire purpose is to point out this pointless fact over and over and over"

Someone's got to de-hype the overhyped.

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Fullbuster said:

You've always been a Frozen hater for no good reason so you don't count :P

Was that sarcasm? Because i totally LOVE Frozen.

And talking about Frozen, its WW gross reported on BOM is uncorrect, as it doesn't take into account the 2M or so it got from a recent one-week rerelease in the UK.

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

How is it pointless? That's like saying "Stating Jesus is the son of God is pointless." on a Christian Theology Forum. You're the one making pointless points here bucko.

99.999% of movies won't outgross  Titanic/Avatar.

Why point this out over and over and over?

And you guys only do it for Black Panther.

Why does the success of this movie threaten you guys so much?

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 6

For fans of the highest grossing movie, they are the most insecure bunch I have ever seen. They’re like the North Korean or east asian people who get paid to spread propaganda except it seems like these bunch get paid for how many times they mention Avatar or Cameron 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Noctis said:

What are the chances it beats DH2 worldwide?

Not impossible but It’ll be very difficult I think. DH2 will survive 2 back to back close calls. But it will most likely go out of the top 10 next year.