kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

56 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I never thought it possible that India would be ahead of France, Italy and Germany and just behind Brazil where SH always does huge numbers. C’mon Brazil you are slacking 😜

With 2011's exchange rate Brazil would be at $34m right now ^^

“Internationally, Avengers: Infinity War grossed an estimated $60.3 million on Monday. That brings the film’s international total to $443.1 million and current global haul to $725.5 million. Avengers: Infinity War has already passed the lifetime global totals of a number of films within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including 2014’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier, 2016’s Doctor Strange, 2013’s Thor: The Dark World, 2010’s Iron Man 2and 2008’s Iron Man, among others. International totals through Monday include $45.5 million in the U.K., $43.3 million in South Korea, $30.8 million in Mexico, $24.9 million in Australia, $23.7 million in Brazil, $22.5 million in India, $20.6 million in France, $18.6 million in Germany, $14.0 million in the Philippines, $13.4 million in Italy, $13.4 million in Indonesia, $11.8 million in Japan, $11.1 million in Taiwan, $11.1 million in Thailand and $10.5 million in Spain.”

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

I predicted 40M and it did 60M.

I either should just give up predicting this movie BO now or go with the flow and throw in a 75M OS Tuesday.

The Avengers 6 years ago also have Labor Day on Tue, and pulled in 41M, a 24% jump over Monday.

Same jump apply to IW and we have 75M. 

Edited by Sam

60M is a total joke. I want to say something like “Monday was a partial Holiday, so it will increase less for May Day than TA1”...   

but TA1 had the exact same Monday circumstance, and still increased 24%!!!!     

So, you know, screw it. 80M Tuesday please.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bladels said:

IW to previous record holder 

yie80N1.gif

That pause in between as if to check the pulse/mental state of Loki before more smashing commence, killed me everytime lol.

• Like 3

IW scored a record first OS Monday at $60.3M. The previous record was Fate of the Furious at $55.7M, followed by The Force Awakens at $41.7M.

The first Avengers film sold $33.1M on its first Monday and $42.3M on its first Tuesday. A proportional increase for IW would give a gargantuan $77.1M Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

60m overseas on Monday? Is it a typo? That is not comprehensible. 

60M OS Monday is perfectly comprehensible given the previous record of 55M.    

This is is a 60M OS-China Monday though, and I don’t really know what to do with that kind of a number.

• Like 4

Man, if it does $80m today... that would be $140m for MONDAY AND TUESDAY, WITHOUT CHINA AND RUSSIA! Sure, yesterday was a semi-holiday of sorts and today is a big holiday, but the opening OS frame was already stratospheric as it is, AND majority of the markets had extra-long openings (Thursday-Sunday, some even Wednesday-Sunday).

It's 🍌!

Well, it didn't beat F8's OS OW and with more than a 60m difference. So to beat its Monday number even if inflated somewhat due to Tuesday holiday is still unusual. Or maybe China has these kind of drops from OWs to Mondays and it's usual? I don't know. 

We don't have separate FSS totals right? Would like to look at how much Avengers dropped from Sunday to Monday and from OW to Monday compared to AIW.