baumer

BOTM Question one. Fast turn around time! Due by Friday morning when I leave for work (usually around 2AM forums time)

Opinions of GOTG2 are all over the place when it comes to the multiplier.  When actuals come in tomorrow, we will use that number

The question is simple.  What mutliplier will the Guardians sequel have?

1) Less than 2.25

2) 2.25-2.35

3) 2.36-2.44

4) 2.45-2.55

5) 2.56-2.65

6) 2.66-2.75

7) More than 2.76

8) Any multiplier above 2.50

Points and punishment:

Take number one:  If you are right, you win 25,000 points.  If you are wrong, you lose 15,000

Number two:  Same point structure

Number three:  If you are right, you win 25,000 but if you are wrong you lose 20,000

Same with number four

If you take number five and are right, you win 30,000 and lose 30,000 if wrong

Same with number six.

If you take number 7 and you are right, you win 35,000 points and lose 25,000 if wrong.

Take number 8 and if you are right you get 20,000 points....if you are wrong you lose 60,000

If you abstain, you get 5000 points.

Due by Friday morning May 12th at around 2AM forums time.

• Like 1

as someone new to this, do all the contestants usually get around to these questions in time??  is their any alert system?  could we install chips in peoples arms that inform one when a BOTM question appears. (with a countdown)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

as someone new to this, do all the contestants usually get around to these questions in time??  is their any alert system?  could we install chips in peoples arms that inform one when a BOTM question appears. (with a countdown)

Most of the time, new questions show up between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning (they're coming earlier now because the game just started and everyone's excited. In a week or two it'll settle down), so I usually check in sometime in there to get an initial look at the questions. If I'm feeling inspired or procrastinating something else or know I'll be really busy on Thursday, I might take a stab at answering them right then, but usually I'll just put in "Abstain" for the SOTM to ensure I get some points if I forget to come back to it.

After that, the deadlines for questions are almost all "late" Thursday sometime (in one of the North American timezones, anyway. If you're somewhere else, you'll need to re-calibrate). So, I try to set aside some time on Thursday (the later the better, but depends on what I've got going on) to answer the questions seriously, hoping that my subconscious has been thinking about it for the last couple days.

So, that's the rhythm I try to get into. Quick scan and abstain on Monday/Tuesday, question answering Thursday afternoon/evening. Most weeks it works fine, but sometimes I'll get busy and forget. If I forget Monday, then I tend not to do as well on my Thursday answering. If I forget Thursday, then at least I got some points from Abstaining. If I know Thursday will be busy, I'll make an extra effort at answering the questions on Monday, just in case I don't get to them on Thursday.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

The best thing to do is to check this thread every other day.  

And as Wrath said, it will not always be this frenetic.  Chas will not usually have multiple sOTM questions going and I won't be doing many at all this year.  The multiplier one just popped inside my head so I had to do it.  

The forums runs on PST....Los Angeles time.  So if you don't know what that is, just google it.  

• Like 2