Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

Summer is gonna die quickly after July. There wont be a huge 400m+ hit, however business should be spread out.

Fall looks way more appealing this year(imo): It, Kingsman: Golden Circle, Ninjago, Blade Runner 2049, Mother!, Untitled Cloverfeild  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Summer is gonna die quickly after July. There wont be a huge 400m+ hit, however business should be spread out.

Fall looks way more appealing this year(imo): It, Kingsman: Golden Circle, Ninjago, Blade Runner 2049, Mother!, Untitled Cloverfeild  

Fall this year is pretty solid, both It and Kingsman will be competing for the September record and biggest September grosser. 

1 hour ago, Tele Came Back said:

Y'all have done a grave injustice by trying to describe the V without linking to the original review:

http://www.emilywrites.co.nz/i-saw-tarzan-and-this-is-my-review-after-some-wines/

Im bookmarking it this time. Greatest review ever written.

• Like 4

I would have posted this right away but I cannot post from a phone.  The news/websites failed to make 2 great comparisons to the King Arthur number.

The Great Wall - 0.97/ $18,469,620 = 21.9 KA

The Huntsman - 1.00 / $19,445,035 = 22.4 KA

and also

Gods of Egypt - 0.800 / $14,123,903 = 20.30 KA

*Great Wall fell 20.8% on Sunday and did well in IMAX and 3D

For Snatched, I saw a website compare it to the 700,000 of How to be Single, and since HtBS had Valentine's Day on a Sunday, that should be the best comparison for Snatched.

How to be Single - 0.70 / $17,878,911 = 16.60 Snatched

Hot Pursuit - 0.45 / $13,942,258 = 20.14 Snatched

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Love how last weekend there was so much optimism whenever guardians would outperform expectations :lol: and now it's all doom and gloom

And deadline already changed their mind. A little less doom.

Disney’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 in its second session has No. 1 tied up with $62.1M, -58% (a similar decline to Captain America: Civil War at same point in its run) for a 10-day take of $245.3M, less than $90M shy from overtaking its first volume GOTG at the domestic B.O.

• Like 2

Deadline updated their projections

http://deadline.com/2017/05/king-arthur-snatched-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-weekend-box-office-1202091662/

UPDATE, 12:29 PM (PST): 

Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur is not off to a royal start. Current weekend estimates from matinee figures show an industry forecast of $6 million for today, and $16.7M for the weekend,

Snatchedwhich is looking at $6.5M for today and a high teens opening with a potential shot at $20M.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 in its second session has No. 1 tied up with $62.1M, -58%

• Like 2

I do wonder if WB will let Ritchie direct anymore big budget films after two flops? i think he'd be a good choice for a Lobo movie or Suicide Squad II but they'd have to keep him on a short leash

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder if WB will let Ritchie direct anymore big budget films after two flops? i think he'd be a good choice for a Lobo movie or Suicide Squad II but they'd have to keep him on a short leash

There might be a reason the Sherlock Holmes 3 news quieted down and soon after it was announced RDJ's next big non Marvel will be D.r Dolittle  and Ritchie's next movie is with Disney (though again they really have to get him a keeper)

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There might be a reason the Sherlock Holmes 3 news quieted down and soon after it was announced RDJ's next big non Marvel will be D.r Dolittle  and Ritchie's next movie is with Disney (though again they really have to get him a keeper)

Ritchie won't be working as a janitor at Disney World at this rate.