Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

Just now, DAJK said:

Of course! 

That good because overseas it is staying flat or decreasing from it predesscor, so while it will increase domestically it might worldwide decline from the original because of the overseas gross with the XR being different from 2014.

2 hours ago, baumer said:

More specifically.....its the lower part of the abdomen that points in a V shape down to your DICK. Only guys in ridiculously incredible shape get the V. 

It's called an "adonis belt."

Meanwhile in China

Looks like we can officially label Power Rangers a flop. Whether Arthur will be a flop or a bomb needs further market numbers. Dangal is beating GOTG2 in China, probably the most unexpected box office result of the year so far, just ahead of Dogs Purpose beating Rogue One.

• Like 4

Very positive (and hopeful) that Guardians' drop is being lowballed (a thing w/Deadline - lowballing stuff). And I still think Snatched may just cross 20M, if only barely, as I see it going up on Saturday and having a very small Sunday drop. Although under 20M is more likely than over.

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

i think we were overdue for a huge bomb

Well, we did just have Ghost In The Shell in March.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, we did just have Ghost In The Shell in March.

GITS made 170M WW on a 110M budget, Power Rangers only did 135M WW and even with China it won't reach 150M WW on a similar budget. Hard to say which did worse. PR did better domestic but outright bombed WW, GITS bombed domestic but did well WW.

• Like 7

Knew it. Good hold for GV2, in line with CW, Ultron, and IM3, hopefully holds good next weekend. Poor Arthur. Hopefully Ritchie rebounds from this. Not surprised for Snatched.

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

GITS made 170M WW on a 110M budget, Power Rangers only did 135M WW and even with China it won't reach 150M WW on a similar budget. Hard to say which did worse. PR did better domestic but outright bombed WW, GITS bombed domestic but did well WW.

That is true. I remembered GITS first, and then I remembered Power Rangers but gave it the benefit of the doubt for an okayish DOM performance, but when I really think about it, PR was actually a bigger bomb than GITS (although, technically, the profit studios make from OS is more controlled than the one they make from DOM, so who knows).

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah they were not really that big of a bomb (except if those 180+M budget rumors for GITS are true), Arthur has the potential to be something like Pan/Ben-Hur, a movie that does not reach WW is large production budget.

Edited by Barnack

Just now, Alli said:

this summer is gonna be underwhelming. KA is just the start.  pirates is next followed by mummy. possibly alien next week

Pirates is heading to 1 billion overseas. Whatcha talking about?

:winomg:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

this summer is gonna be underwhelming. KA is just the start.  pirates is next followed by mummy. possibly alien next week

Lmao, none of those three will bomb. Alien is on track for Prometheus numbers, POTC will be huge OS, and The Mummy has a low budget.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

Nah, I think Pirates is looking to do pretty well. And even if it underperforms DOM, it'll destroy OS anyway.

The Mummy, though... that's a wildcard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Power Rangers has Japan left in July.

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Rangers did worse. If it had somehow got 100 mil US it MIGHT have a sequel case but as it was it did slightly better than Out of the Shadows US. Far too anemic for a sequel.