grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

$13 ..??  very less ...  😕 

should be minimum $14 To $15 M 

I will just say, don't be disappointed with 13. It already needs a bit of a pickup to make that happen (current ratios would suggest around 11). If that happens it will lock a 130+ weekend which is by all metrics a huge success.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

again like many people here are saying, the range is 13-16 as of now , where it will end up is anyones guess

yeah right .. even i said range will be like $13 to $16 ... but atleast movie should do $14 M+

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I will just say, don't be disappointed with 13. It already needs a bit of a pickup to make that happen (current ratios would suggest around 11). If that happens it will lock a 130+ weekend which is by all metrics a huge success.

this is why its better to have a range, anyway hope for the best, i really need a good weekend after todays dissapointment

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

yeah fine ...   :)  hope for the best ..

Just now, Maximum Avery said:

Steady 60+ % of I2 with/and hoping I2 was less walkup friendly/more pre sale heavy brings it to ~13m

TTVOMJ

enough with the toy story 4 , we dont really know what its previews will be some saying 15 others 13,

lets focus on men in black  now

• ...wtf 1

47 minutes ago, john2000 said:

again i asked if there is any info for the previews based from the presales, so to see if the info/guess we have about them is the same, except porthos, data that points to that range, of course everything is a guess , plus my comment was more that if someone has some data for that topic if he could share it , thats it, so we could see a different point of view, i never indicated that anyone should tell me or anything like that ( and yeah i know that you were speaking in general)

Its a correction for assumptions also. Those here can make guesses but overall, we do not get the kind of information you are asking for, hence my assertion that many need to adjust how they view this thread. 

All that said, we got burned 2 years ago and lost our original tracking thread due to that and much of what had been shared is no longer done. 

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

depends on what data you look at, porthos sees 14-15 , we dont really know yet

(I see 13 to 15 atm for the record based on Sacto)

If it's one market versus national outlook, always take the national if they disagree. :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

enough with the toy story 4 , we dont really know what its previews will be some saying 15 others 13,

lets focus on men in black  now

My first post regarding ts4 elxD.. and was just trying to explain to quoted poster why 13m might even end up being too optimistic

TTVOMJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ultimately it’s all educated guesses, yes, and I definitely see plenty of people expecting (or claiming) a higher level of precision than is really possible 5 days out. OTOH, I feel like you're underselling how educated these educated guesses are @narniadis. This thread has generally been pretty on point (in 2019 especially) for what previews will be on the Sunday before release.     

We can’t say “previews will be 13.5” or anything, but we’ve got a pretty decent idea of what’s likely and what’s not.

Honestly not trying to undersell as much as keep people from getting hooked and then upset when something doesnt go their way. The hand wringing over TS4 versus TI2 is a prime example of those people who refuse to understand what porthos and the rest are doing. 

There has been an increased pressure both here and in the daily threads for specifics and then disappointment when its not right or not what they want. If anything thats why I made the "sell/not selling" comment. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Its a correction for assumptions also. Those here can make guesses but overall, we do not get the kind of information you are asking for, hence my assertion that many need to adjust how they view this thread. 

All that said, we got burned 2 years ago and lost our original tracking thread due to that and much of what had been shared is no longer done. 

but i am not looking for data, i asked if someone has another opinion on the topic thats it

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I think you may be misinterpreting his post a little bit. I agree with your main point in your previous post but what I got from his question specifically was more so asking if anyone else had any other estimates based on what their particular method of tracking was (whether it be an individual theater or Fandango or a whole city), which I'd say is a reasonable question as having multiple estimates will give a much better idea of where the movie appears to be headed.

3 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

My first post regarding ts4 elxD.. and was just trying to explain to quoted poster why 13m might even end up being too optimistic

TTVOMJ

yeah i didnt say anything, i was just trying to change topic

Thursday june 20 london ontario

Toy Story 4

Silvercity

6 shows 3 screens ( 1 AVX, 1 IMAX, 1 Recliner)

AVX
600 19/135
840 13/135

IMAX
7PM 30/321
940 7/321

Recliner
630 7/111
910 0/111

Westmount

4 shows 2 screens (1 VIP 1 AVX)

VIP
630 2/63
930 5/63
AVX 
645 41/173
925 0/173

For the record i posted this as my usual start to thursday previews on sundays just to avoid confusion 😊

Edited by Tinalera
  • Thanks 1