kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

28 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I still think it's going to be massive, at least by my standards. Assuming the "summer" started with "Galaxy", i expect the following:

Over $300m DOM

Galaxy 2

Wonder Woman

Transformers

Despicable 3

Between $200m and $300m DOM

Planet of the Apes

Spiderman

Between $150m and $200m DOM

Pirates of Caribbean

Between $100m and $150m DOM

Cars 3

Baywatch

The Mummy

That's 10 movies over $100m DOM, 6 over $200m, 4 over $300m. IMO, that is a big-arse summer. 

Transformers Over $300m ?
Spider-Man Bellow $300m ?
Pirates of Caribbean Bellow $200m ?
Cars 3 Bellow $150m ?

I think you're wrong here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Empire doesn't have a premier account for his box office predictions he has a premium account because of what he provided us. Don't be so rude next time.

oh he will not,and again and again,this is not his first time 

Edited by GOXOG

3 minutes ago, GOXOG said:

oh he will,and again and again,this is not his first time 

What are you saying here?

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is so strange that KA flopped so badly, people who saw it enjoyed the movie.

As for A:C, it is interesting to see that critics liked it (as one should) a bit more than the audience.

Alien lied in its marketing.  It marketed itself as a horror movie but it plays like Prometheus, with sparing amounts of horror.

Marketing a movie as something it's not is the easiest way to have bad WoM.

(The movie's also not very good, it's only decent)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drdungbeetle said:

Starting to actually think Pirates will outperform Transformers in the US. Pirates at least got the fans excited with the Will Turner return, Transformers has basically no draw at this point.

I think TF5 is pretty much just going to be a 150M movie.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, Jonwo said:

Alien and Predator crossovers works well in comics but I think it's best to keep them as separate franchises. 

We need Aliens, Predator, Engineers and Humans crossover!!!

ZZ77E290F6.jpg

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

[mod edit]

Yeah, I understand rubbing it in if somebody gave you a lot of grief about your prediction for a while, but that wasn't the case.

On the numbers note, I was hoping I'd be wrong about 38m looking like the ceiling and 35-36m looking like where it'd hit.  It would have been much better for my summer game, now I stand to lose a lot of points from SOTM

4 hours ago, baumer said:

This film has never behaved like Civil War. I've been saying this since the beginning that it's more like winter soldier. Why does everybody continue to bring up Civil War?

I think mostly because this weekend it overtake's CW in the parallel weekend (35 vs 32.9 despite a 30+ lag in ow: 146.5 vs 179.1).

So if CW added 1.85 times 32.9 to it's cume, GOTG2 will at least do 1.85 * 35 more which will get it to 366.

And cause it's doing much better than CW just use 366 as a base, add a few within reason and 380 seems like a legit goal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I think TF5 is pretty much just going to be a 150M movie.

I could see it topping out at around maybe 170 mil or so. I haven't seen much that would indicate an increase from Age of Extinction anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Klingo said:

We need Aliens, Predator, Engineers and Humans crossover!!!

One of those four did not exist in the story-line before PROMETHEUS and should never be revisited :ph34r:

Pull off a DOFP, erase the timeline and start-off from ALIENS (1986) and PREDATOR (1987).

Just now, a2knet said:

One of those four did not exist in the story-line before PROMETHEUS and should never be revisited :ph34r:

Pull off a DOFP, erase the timeline and start-off from ALIENS (1986) and PREDATOR (1987).

Did you even remember the Space Jockey corpse in the ship from the original Alien? A timeline reset would be an even bigger mess than what's happened now.

Age old rule strikes again.

If the last film in a franchise burns the audience or draws derision among the fans, the next installment (whether a sequel, prequel or reboot) will pay for it. Why this is never taken into account (especially by tracking) continues to amaze me. With rare receptions (like Star Trek), that always happens.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 5