30 members have voted

1. 1. Which film could be the big surprise of June 2017

• Rough Night
    • All Eyez On Me
    • The House
    • The Mummy
    • It Comes At Night
    • Baby Driver

It'll be It Comes at Night, Baby Driver, and/or The House. The market is starved for a horror film right now, so It Comes at Night could do 15M+ next weekend considering how strong the reviews are. Legs will be another story. If Sony and WB ramp up marketing on their films, they can both gross 70M+

I actually think it'll be Cars 3 in the opposite direction - most people think it'll finish above Cars 2 but I think reviews are worse than expected and people wait until DM3 to take their kids. That said, I say All Eyez on Me. There's alot of buzz for it, it IS marketing in places folks here aren't looking, and it has a clear hook and fanbase. I say it does like 34/75, contrary to most people thinking in the teens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I actually think it'll be Cars 3 in the opposite direction - most people think it'll finish above Cars 2 but I think reviews are worse than expected and people wait until DM3 to take their kids. That said, I say All Eyez on Me. There's alot of buzz for it, it IS marketing in places folks here aren't looking, and it has a clear hook and fanbase. I say it does like 34/75, contrary to most people thinking in the teens.

I have not seen an marketing for it I live in San Diego. I was in LA couple weeks ago and saw nothing. 

19 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I doubt it can do 34M in 2,500 theaters. That would be an opening over Get Out which was in about 500 more theaters. Keep in mind I don't think low TCs are always the end of the world.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Baby Driver has a huge amount of buzz and has already gained the support of Edgar Wright's vocal fanbase. Plus, reviews are through the roof in a time when reviews have become to matter more, which is something I'm thankful to God for.

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

All Eyez on Me kinda reminds me of Get on Up tbh. It's definitely being marketed in places where this site wouldn't dare look, but I don't there's anyone on the fence about seeing it and I'm getting the feeling the reviews aren't gonna be that great either (Straight Outta Compton definitely looked much better).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All Eyez on Me kinda reminds me of Get on Up tbh. It's definitely being marketed in places where this site wouldn't dare look, but I don't there's anyone on the fence about seeing it and I'm getting the feeling the reviews aren't gonna be that great either (Straight Outta Compton definitely looked much better).

I'm on the fence about seeing it :lol: 

42 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I don't understand why everyone is expecting Baby Driver to do better than Rough Night.

I think the best chance for a breakout will be Rough Night followed by It Comes At Night. I don't think The Mummy or The House would be considered breakouts.

Rough Night's reactions so far have been meh. Its box office will probably land somewhere between Snatched and Baywatch. Baby Driver has great reviews, thus bigger breakout potential.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I want BAD to breakout but Edgar's movies don't do well at all in North America and everywhere except UK. 

It comes at night has a good shot.

Rough night also has very good shot. Even if RN does well it won't be because of Scarlett that's for sure. Her box-office pull was proven with GITS.

Well The Mummy, and It Comes At Night both didn't breakout(no surprise). Word of mouth sucks for both of them, and both are debuted on the low end of their expectations this weekend. 

So who will it be now.

Scarjo and the gang getting fucked up and

killing a stripper?

Will Tupac ressurect? 

Will Baby speed like a muthafucka?

Or will Will/Amy have the most hoppin house?