AniNate

BOT Member Meetup: Toronto, ON - September 2017

I'd love to go to a meet-up but I'm not sure if Cedar Point or Toronto are in the cards right now financially. However, if I may selfishly propose a spot, my school, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, is considered by NASA and other scientific groups to be one of THE best spots to see the upcoming Solar Eclipse. I don't know how doable an August 21 meet-up would be especially in a middle of nowhere town, but hey, I'd like to get in on it, and also, there's a ton of shit happening here around that time because the eclipse is a rare draw to Carbondale. I mean, Ozzy Osbourne's coming lol. If everyone's against this though, I'll probably go next year (or some other time if it's not in the immediate three next months.)

On 6/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, Telemachos said:

I feel like when we've done LA meet ups it's been about 50-50 between "Tele" and my real name. :lol: 

Also amusing -- though understandable -- is everyone usually mispronouncing my full username. 

(US people usually go for teh-leh-MAH-tchos, rhyming with "nachos")

Hide contents

It's actually teh-LEH-mah-kohs

most people in the US are dumb; I'm a genius

7 minutes ago, 75live said:

any actual dates set, or is all this just preliminary right now?

I don't think we'll iron out any sort of specific date for a CP meetup until relatively close to when we want to do it. It'd be easier to arrange short-term obligations around that than it would be for a Toronto meetup during the film festival.

As for Toronto I said before that I plan on being there from September 10th through the 14th. I imagine specific times and places will depend on what movies we decide to see and where everyone lives/is lodged.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I don't think we'll iron out any sort of CP meetup until relatively close to when we want to do it. It'd be easier to arrange short-term obligations around that than it would be for a Toronto meetup during the film festival.

As for Toronto I said before that I plan on being there from September 10th through the 14th. I imagine specific times and places will depend on what movies we decide to see and where everyone lives/is lodged.

sounds good.  Appreciate the info.  Just trying to se if I can even work things out as neither are the closest places for me :P   but they aren't crazy far either, especially Toronto

6 hours ago, Blankments said:

I'd love to go to a meet-up but I'm not sure if Cedar Point or Toronto are in the cards right now financially. However, if I may selfishly propose a spot, my school, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, is considered by NASA and other scientific groups to be one of THE best spots to see the upcoming Solar Eclipse. I don't know how doable an August 21 meet-up would be especially in a middle of nowhere town, but hey, I'd like to get in on it, and also, there's a ton of shit happening here around that time because the eclipse is a rare draw to Carbondale. I mean, Ozzy Osbourne's coming lol. If everyone's against this though, I'll probably go next year (or some other time if it's not in the immediate three next months.)

Huh. I was actually in Carbondale for a couple days last year visiting a friend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

If I do go to Toronto, I might go with my girlfriend (she's super awesome) if you're all cool with that. She loves Toronto.

Long as she loves movies too, I guess.

Ideally I want to avoid any "third wheel" feelings. 

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

If I do go to Toronto, I might go with my girlfriend (she's super awesome) if you're all cool with that. She loves Toronto.

That's a mistake. You're gonna have Ethan hunting her for the role of Ex #7

• Like 3

I think we should set a date soon. TIFF will have the schedule out soon and its the same rime frame every year. Sooner the better.