YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

33 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Actually, I just think it's common sense. There are new horror masters in town. Do you want to make a cinematic universe out of horror characters? The first to be consulted should be those guys. I'd like an horror/monsters cinematic universe. But this feel way less toothless than something like Stranger Things. No wonder why it's bombing. 

Its not bombing though. Won't set the world on fire but it's going to make a profit when it's all said and done. Certainly enough for them to continue with this universe.

Expect a strong Asian presence in whatever movie comes next, much like Age of Extinction had. 

Edited by DealWithIt

Just now, BeastByTheBay said:

How did the budget nearly hit 200M before P&A?

That makes a flop more likely 

I probably misread that. If 200 includes P&A, the global P&A seems cheap.

5 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Or maybe there shouldn't be any hate at all.

Thank you for saying what I was about to say as well.

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

And we’ve heard that The Mummy in its production cost is substantially higher than the $125M-$130M reported before P&A; in the $195M vicinity.

Yikes

• Like 1

Just wanna say i judge everyone who didn't like WW. talk about a perfect cbm. it beats logan (7/10) and not even talking about dr strange crap

I gave WW 9/10. the director and writers were n point

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

Just wanna say i judge everyone who didn't like WW. talk about a perfect cbm. it beats logan (7/10) and not even talking about dr strange crap

I gave WW 9/10. the director and writers were n point

Beating overrated Logan isn't high praise. Wonder Woman beats Iron Man, Captain America: The First Avenger, Doctor Strange, Batman Begins, Spider-Man, Batman 89 AND Superman The Movie. It has the best solo origin story among all other superhero films. Can't praise this film enough. Truly the superhero film of the year. 

Just now, The Futurist said:

Never believed in that 125m budget for the Mummy.

I watched the movie and I am surprised it cost more than 125M. Nothing there justifies a bigger budget.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I watched the movie and I am surprised it cost more than 125M. Nothing there justifies a bigger budget.

Yeah this. Makes me wonder if that's accurate tbh.

What's going on in here? Discussion of spousal abuse, Scientology, mental abuse and It Comes At Night spoilers because someone saw it and didn't like it. The thread sucks. Good thing It Comes At Night wasn't critically acclaimed CBM or that wouldn't fly. Get back on point, gang. A mod already asked everyone get on point. Clear the junk out of this thread, please.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Does 125m cover Crowe's food budget?

You know he is eating for two (Jekyll and Hyde).

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I don't believe these BS rumors about The Mummy getting a 195 million budget. After reading that Suicide Squad had to make 800 million to break even, I stopped taking that stuff seriously.

Besides, they keep changing the narrative, just to suit their agenda against the movie. First they said the movie had a 125 million budget. Then they said it would flop because of the bad reviews. Now that it seems to be making some ok money overseas, they suddenly change to "195 million budget".

I really don't see what's the deal about this movie. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

What's going on in here? Discussion of spousal abuse, Scientology, mental abuse and It Comes At Night spoilers because someone saw it and didn't like it. The thread sucks. Get back on point, gang.

Could be worse; a new DCEU film could be opening.

People seem to be forgetting that Dracula Untold also made a profit. Tripled its budget WW. But it was a domestic flop and had horrible reviews. That was enough for universal to drop it from the universe. The Mummy is now the same thing. But are fine stand alone films. But forgettable over time and nothing that warrants a universe. 

I just think monsters like Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy etc don't appeal to today's moviegoers. They really old and they've been done a million times. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

[mod edit]

Moderation:

This is not going to be discussed further here. You can take it elsewhere if you want -- I believe we already have an extensive thread for it. Further posts by anyone on the matter will be deleted.