YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

The Rocketeer? Yes! Also better than all Indiana Jones movies not named Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Timothy+Dalton+The+Rocketeer.jpg

Thought that was Jon Hamm for a second.

• Like 3

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Rocketeer truly suffers from it's beyond bland leading man perfomance.  Dalton, Connelly and the great art design are high points but not enough to save it.

Temple of Doom - I just find unpleasant.  The only part I ever re-watch is the opening scene.

Fair. But, the supporting players make up for it. Dalton and Arkin are aces.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Rocketeer truly suffers from it's beyond bland leading man perfomance.  Dalton, Connelly and the great art design are high points but not enough to save it.

Temple of Doom - I just find unpleasant.  The only part I ever re-watch is the opening scene.

Personally I really enjoy Temple of Doom, mostly though I think it's a rollercoaster of a thrill-ride, yeah it has problems, but it's a film I've seen several times now anyway. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Yes, if $15 million ends up being accurate for the Friday, it is going to be a close one it looks like. Looks like you made a really good club from that perspective - could be a really close over/under.

Regardless, $50-51 million at least is looking pretty realistic if the $15 million Friday projection is accurate. It's hard to know, because it is so early, but if this holds, certainly a great drop and second weekend for Wonder Woman.

Peace,

Mike

Yes, a little off from 15 (<0.5 higher or lower) can make a 1-1.5 difference in the weekend. So it's early to tell if it will match BVS's 51.34.

50+ does look in very good shape though.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TOD is pretty dark for sure. That being said, its action scenes are incredibly fun and incredibly clever; any single one of them probably trumps the action of MUMMY or any of its sequels, and TOD has several (depending on when you figure one sequence starts and another begins). 

MUMMY is genial, fun, and coasts by on the appeal of its leads and most of the iconography, setting, and setup that was established by others in the genre (including all three prior Indy movies).

• Like 2

Image result for troy community gif

MOVIE OPINIONS:

The Mummy: It's an absolute tonal mess, but I had some fun with it. The movie doesn't know if it wants to be horror or like the Fraser films. It's fairly well paced save for one stretch in the back of the second act. I'd give it a 7/10.

It Comes at Night: LORD YES THIS WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE :ohmygod: Great acting and directing, gorgeous cinematography, and sharp pacing if you know what you're getting it. What else could you want? Easily the second best film of the year behind Get Out for me. My showing only had 6 other people in it, and reactions were mixed. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 3

TRAILERS:

It happened @That One Guy. I GOT FUCKING TRANSFORMERS AT BOTH FUCKING MOVIES :ohmyzod: However, I also got Atomic Blonde and MOTOE at both, so that was a win :cloud9: Predicting wise I got 6/8 trailers on Mummy correct and 4/8 on ICAN.

Mummy:

Transformers

Baby Driver

Murder on the Orient Express

It

Atomic Blonde

American Made

Thor 3D

Valerian 3D

ICAN:

All Eyez on Me (teaser)

Transformers

Atomic Blonde (for some reason it had the stairwell fight but not McAvoy's f-bomb)

The Dark Tower

Murder on the Orient Express

Annabelle: Creation

Good Time

A Ghost Story

When the American Made trailer started, a fight broke out behind me because of the reserved seating issues :jeb!: When I got my ticket taken for ICAN, the employee told me there have been fights all day long :jeb!: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

That's a prediction...

it's their early fri estimate

"Universal's The Mummy, starring Tom Cruise, is getting buried by holdover Woman Woman at the Friday box office, according to early returns."

27 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Invisible Man and etc can appeal to today's moviegoers. But give them a reason to care, and when I say give them a reason to car isn't to attach A list talent just because. What they need is to go back to the horror roots of these characters, maybe even go Rated R. These stories and this universe could work, if they understood that cinematic universes aren't about A list power, but about stories, good stories. [. . .] Mummy could be a very good scary movie, and hell, Jackman's Van Helsing was a cool idea that went terribly wrong.

I don't see any lies here^^^

• Like 1

Never heard of Rocketeers before.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

When the American Made trailer started, a fight broke out behind me because of the reserved seating issues :jeb!: When I got my ticket taken for ICAN, the employee told me there have been fights all day long :jeb!: 

Yep, sounds like Florida

• Like 1