WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I didn't see Kubo but I'm a bit mixed on Laika's films, Paranorman and Coraline were good but I wasn't keen on The Boxtrolls. Technically, their films are stunning and they push the boundaries of stop motion but I've got a soft spot for Aardman. Chicken Run and Curse of the Wererabbit are just great.

Boxtrolls was good until the ending...that was a jump the shark moment that dropped the movie a full letter grade for me...Didn't love Coraline (didn't even make it through) and never watched Paranorman...but Kubo is dynamite - you should watch it:)...

Chicken Run was great!  I'll have to put Curse of the Wererabbit on my list...

1 minute ago, Damianport1 said:

It was good but..go see My Life as Zucchini and Red Turtle. Even better.

You're adding movies to my list...any way kids would also want to see these?:)  It's about the only time I get to steal the tv in my house:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I always did...but I'm a parent, so Kubo does speak more to the grown ups:)...

They're both brilliant animations.  I do think there's more artistic merit in Kubo though, it's also more consistent.  Zootopia has a few cheap moments but then it also has some really poignant ones.

Kubo's biggest problem is the ending though, the moments feel too rushed.

Just now, The Mummified Panda said:

They're both brilliant animations.  I do think there's more artistic merit in Kubo though, it's also more consistent.  Zootopia has a few cheap moments but then it also has some really poignant ones.

Kubo's biggest problem is the ending though, the moments feel too rushed.

I loved Kubo's ending, but you're right...I would have loved it to last even a little longer...but it was made to also appease kid attention spans, which worked b/c my kids' grades were A-A+ range from all 4:)...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

"Hip Hop Cinematic Universe" in full effect.  Biggie, N.W.A. and now Tupac.   Hopefully Run DMC and Wu Tang can get movies in the future.   Very good early numbers for "All Eyez on Me" if true.  Tupac is an Iconic Legend.  Critics getting it wrong again.   Don't underestimate the power of Hip Hop culture which is worldwide.  

Don't forget the ladies: Li'l Kim's and Da Brat's stories are full of drama!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Cars In the Fast Lane for mid- to high-50s

'Woman' still Wonderful with a mid-to high-30s target

All Eyez on 35m

Rough Night for new ScarJo release, low teens

'47 Meters' too far Down to have much impact

Hire me, Variety

Incredible set of puns. I am not even mad, this is amazing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You're adding movies to my list...any way kids would also want to see these?:)  It's about the only time I get to steal the tv in my house:)...

I dont know...i think they are more for adults. Kids can see but not sure they will understand it

• Like 1