WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

11 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

For Wonder Woman to make it to $400m, it'll need a little over a 4x multiplier from whatever it makes this weekend. It's mirroring The Jungle Book in terms of weekend grosses but has the benefit of summer weekdays.

The Jungle Book made about $110m more after its third weekend, which should be a wee bit higher than what Wonder Woman makes. That would put WW around $385m+. I think summer weekdays will mitigate the difference big time. 

@baumer I believe in you.

I am Baumer friday-the-13th-part4-sm.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

"Hey kids, wanna go see a cool movie that features insane sci-fi action and eye popping visuals, or a movie about Emojis?"

Don't underestimate teens' obssession w/emojis, you don't think that Patrick Stewart as (literally) a piece of shit equals millions of dollars in tickets? :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

30 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Last week-end, Wonder Woman was several millions behind Spider-Man... every day

Now this Friday, WW's only $1M behind Spider-Man, and weekdays are much higher than Spider-Man because of summer weekdays.

She's catching up! :sarah:

May being May, Spider-man made $20M on its third Saturday though. Spider-man  also made almost $36M during the 4-day of its 4th weekend. Any short term gains will be wiped out. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Transformers, DM3, Spidey all out over the next two-three weeks. What are the chances they all do poorly? Very important towards WW doing $400m given it will start to give up screens. 

2/3 I see disappointing but Spidey will do very well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Transformers, DM3, Spidey all out over the next two-three weeks. What are the chances they all do poorly? Very important towards WW doing $400m given it will start to give up screens. 

Spidey will rock it...

8 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Thinkkng Spidey will do pretty well since it is a hyped superhero film and everything else will underperform 

So yesterday was one of the examples where my system for my theatre works pretty well to be honest (minus Cars #, because we didn't have matinees yesterday).

Wonder Woman 10.7M

Mummy 3.9M

Rough Night 3.4M

I'm gunning for WW to make as much money as possible. Come on, let's all contribute to that $400M goal :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Transformers: 60M 5 Day/120M Total

DM3: 80/270

Spider-Man: 110/300

I guess the biggest question is how many screens will WW have on July 7 and it the following weekend. That's a decent chunk to absorb right there after minimal competition.