WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's even more astounding is when you compare it to the third weekends of the other DCEU movies in relation to their openings.

Man of Steel

Opening Weekend Gross: $116,619,362

Third Weekend Gross: $20,737,490

Batman v Superman

Opening Weekend Gross: $166,007,347

Third Weekend Gross: $23,363,079

Suicide Squad

Opening Weekend Gross: $133,682,248

Third Weekend Gross: $20,855,401

And Wonder Woman has them all beat with a third weekend gross almost double each of the third weekend grosses of the other movies. Says it all.

BVS' third weekend is just 14% of its OW while Wonder Woman's 3rd weekend is 40% of its OW! Surreal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's even more astounding is when you compare it to the third weekends of the other DCEU movies in relation to their openings.

Man of Steel

Opening Weekend Gross: $116,619,362

Third Weekend Gross: $20,737,490

Batman v Superman

Opening Weekend Gross: $166,007,347

Third Weekend Gross: $23,363,079

Suicide Squad

Opening Weekend Gross: $133,682,248

Third Weekend Gross: $20,855,401

And Wonder Woman has them all beat with a third weekend gross almost double each of the third weekend grosses of the other movies. Says it all.

This is third highest cbm third weekend. Only behind avengers, the dark knight and spiderman. Bigger than,

Iron man 1,2,3

Civil war

Deadpool

Gotg vol. 2

The dark knight rises

Spidrr man 2,3

Age of ultron.

Let it sink in.

• Like 7

Using those numbers I have projected this week, this is where it could end up this weekend:

6.6 (+70%)

10.2 (+55%)

7.6 (-25%)

24.4M Weekend, 40% drop

Last year during the same weekend, Central Intelligence was the only movie to increase over 70% in the Top 15. These were the other increases:

Dory: 33.3%

Conjuring: 47.6%

NYSM: 47.9%

Apocalypse: 54.9%

TMNT: 23%

Alice: 23.1%

Me Before You: -5.4%

Warcraft: 5%

Jungle Book: 118%

CW: 61.7%

WW's having an insane run, but the 70% Friday increases have to stop eventually..... right?

Wonder Woman is such a fun BO run.  Leggy blockbusters are always the best to follow.

It's nice to actually follow a BO run instead of just the OW.

Edited by The Mummified Panda
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, The Mummified Panda said:

Wonder Woman is such a fun BO run.  Leggy blockbusters are always the best to follow.

Honestly, this might be the most enjoyable BO run for me -- in terms of legs, expectations, and how much I liked the movie -- since FOTR. AVATAR might be a close second (in terms of the first three weeks) but after that it was honestly so big that while it was fun, the excitement mellowed out.

Let's see how far WW gets, then I'll revisit my feelings. :lol: 

• Like 10

38 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If Wonder Woman indeed hits 300 million on Thursday, there is a very solid chance that when its fourth weekend's over, the amazing amazon will have surpassed Suicide Squad's entire domestic runl!!! 

How could the movie hit 300.0$ by Thursday if it's still at 275.0?!

1 minute ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Nope. It happens every weekend. First a round off number will come then actuals.

He's saying a second round of revised estimates (since they're different from the earlier ones). It happens less often, but it's not too rare.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

all of us are just focusing on how extraordinary of WW is and totally forget that cars 3 is this week champion.......

amazing hold was sometime more exciting than number 1 opener 

yes, sometimes we forget about other movies.

btw i am badly waiting for that tom cruise mummy pic. when't that releasing?

34 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Honestly, this might be the most enjoyable BO run for me -- in terms of legs, expectations, and how much I liked the movie -- since FOTR. AVATAR might be a close second (in terms of the first three weeks) but after that it was honestly so big that while it was fun, the excitement mellowed out.

Let's see how far WW gets, then I'll revisit my feelings. :lol: 

I wouldn't put it above TFA, that was legendary and exciting to watch every day.  

Wonder Woman is one of the greatest box office stories of all time. Not just of the year (up there w/Get Out), not just of the decade, but of all time. What it's doing is completely unprecedented. If it does reach 400M, it'll be carved as legendary.

Patty Jenkins is a Goddess. She single-handedly restored every last human being's faith in the DCEU (except @WrathOfHan :ph34r:).

15 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You guys hear the news about Carrie Fisher's autopsy? Really sad damn

Yeah, not just sad, but morbid too. Don't do drugs, kids.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, The Mummified Panda said:

I wouldn't put it above TFA, that was legendary and exciting to watch every day.  

Well, all of this is just personal, of course. The first week of TFA was pretty crazy to watch. After that -- like AVATAR -- it was so big it wasn't quite as interesting. For me, at least. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wonder Woman is one of the greatest box office stories of all time. Not just of the year (up there w/Get Out), not just of the decade, but of all time. What it's doing is completely unprecedented. If it does reach 400M, it'll be carved as legendary.

Patty Jenkins is a Goddess. She single-handedly restored every last human being's faith in the DCEU (except @WrathOfHan :ph34r:).

Yeah, not just sad, but morbid too. Don't do drugs, kids.

Dont think it gets to 400M, 375-385M looks most likely IMO. It hit a 2.7x multiplier in 3 weekends which is crazy for a 100M opener without any holiday weekends helping it. If it can hold well this coming weekend, the drop next weekend will be negligible thanks to the extended 5 day weekend. A 24M 4th weekend will mean 350M by July 4th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Well, all of this is just personal, of course. The first week of TFA was pretty crazy to watch. After that -- like AVATAR -- it was so big it wasn't quite as interesting. For me, at least. 

It's nice to know size doesn't matter for everyone.

• Like 4

Also, for whatever reason, I follow Grace Randolph's box office show, and her comments on Wonder Woman's 3rd weekend hold?

"It's good, but Gal Gadot's "Your wife/My wife" shirt sucks, and... it's not that impressive because The Dark Knight had a high 3rd weekend number and was almost at 400M while WW is under 300".

Did anyone tell [mod edit: her] that Wonder Woman opened to 60 fucking million less than The Dark Knight as well? I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Dont think it gets to 400M, 375-385M looks most likely IMO. It hit a 2.7x multiplier in 3 weekends which is crazy for a 100M opener without any holiday weekends helping it. If it can hold well this coming weekend, the drop next weekend will be negligible thanks to the extended 5 day weekend. A 24M 4th weekend will mean 350M by July 4th.

Honestly, considering WW's run, I wouldn't rule out any possibilities at this point. Deep down, I admit that I'm still rooting for GOTG V2 to maintain #1 just cause I kinda feel sorry for Marvel not getting a #1 film of the Summer since 2014 (which, ironically, was won by the 1st Guardians) - and also because I think it's a very good movie too, but if there's one film that I have zero problems beating it, it's Wonder Woman.

I think that Spider-Man's weekend will be the w/e that dictates how far WW will go - w/a big competitor for the same audience + theater drops to deal with.

• Like 1